1 2
RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/16/20 4:33 p.m.

Those are some great deals! I'm happy to see that Microsquirt is going to be put to good use.  

Kbags
Kbags New Reader
11/17/20 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Dam where did you find a 6.0 for 200 bucks I want one of those for my c10

Arjunpulika
Arjunpulika New Reader
11/17/20 12:20 p.m.

good information. 
cellinfo

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/20 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Kbags :

Freightliner dealer warranty for dropped valve that gm didn't want back so the parts manager started calling people offering it for $200.  I was the only one smart enough to say yes.  Got a new piston for $11, free rods, and the chamber is whooped but the valve seats look unscathed so for challenge use i would just do 2 valves and smooth it out. The delivery trucks that use 6.0's come with f body oil pans too.  Ly6 + ls3 cam alone is a proven 480+Hp combo, plus spray puts me in the 630-650 range.  Have a $200 th400 to go behind it.  If i find the right roller it could be a fun challenge drivetrain.  

Kbags
Kbags New Reader
12/10/20 9:07 p.m.

Couple little updates. Went to the daytona turkey rod run and picked up a turbo 400 trans  for $150 

and on the way home picked up a zex nitrous dry kit with purge valve and bottle opener valve  for $155. Hoping to sell the controller to recoupe and since to micro squirt will control it

also ordered a converter spacer for the trans and a new fbody radiator on eBay for $60

I bought a 98 mustang coupe from Jon with a 6pt roll cage and some scrap metal in it for $200. Was going to use it for the challenge car instead of the vert and ended up selling the car for $200 and kept the cage and the scrap so got the that for free

Kbags
Kbags New Reader
12/11/20 3:47 p.m.

The reason I sold the blue coupe was because I picked up this pretty nice 93 mustang hatchback. It's an original 4cyl car still has the 7.5 and has most of a 5.0 in it and no trans. Paid $500 for the car gonna sell the motor and already sold the front seats for $125. So the black vert will be scrapped and I'll put the coil overs on this and do everything else I was gonna do to that car will be done with this one. I'll end up building this car more after the challenge for a fun track day car. 

also picked up a set of 17x9 4 lug gt500 wheels I'll use for autox

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
12/12/20 11:17 a.m.

plus 1 for the drop top

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/20 2:50 p.m.

In reply to Kbags :

There's a fox body in the Go Pull It yard in Jacksonville that's has a full five lug conversion on it.

Kbags
Kbags New Reader
12/12/20 3:21 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to Kbags :

There's a fox body in the Go Pull It yard in Jacksonville that's has a full five lug conversion on it.

I have a 5 lug swap for it actually just don't have room in the budget to Use it in the event. So I'm gonna pray the 7.5 will hold up lol. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
12/12/20 6:43 p.m.

What's the story on that silver SVO behind the blue car?

Kbags
Kbags New Reader
12/15/20 6:05 a.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Rusted out no motor my buddy is parting it out

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FXpg8jqFsWJpk7kCYYespBjj7vXaXuzyoNqgvKdpp1Iidh9kQ9geXZRrSid7GQvV