RabidBullFrog New Reader
7/29/17 8:53 p.m.

Sorry was it a 5spd

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/30/17 6:08 a.m.

In reply to RabidBullFrog:

It was an automatic.

It was going to be a 5-spd when I put in the Spirit drivetrain.

RabidBullFrog
RabidBullFrog New Reader
7/30/17 7:47 a.m.

You are way too far away for me to be this tempted by this.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/30/17 8:33 a.m.

I randomly watched a You Tube video entitled "Cars you didn't know Lotus had a hand in", or something like that. An identical Dodge was in the video doing a burnout. Same color and all. It appears Lotus designed the head. So there's that.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/30/17 8:46 a.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy:

Yep.

ronholm
ronholm Dork
7/30/17 9:39 a.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy:

And overtightened Steel plugs instead of Aluminum plugs in the top head killed many of them by causing cracks... Then a timing belt configuration which works perfectly on all of the other variations of the 2.2/2.5 engine was setup in such a way it destroys the intermediate shaft and causes loss of oil pressure.

Both things are very easy to fix... and still killed off a huge number of the few cars..

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/3/17 8:28 a.m.

Ok, I'm bringing this back to the top.

I'd sure rather sell it to one if you...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/13/18 6:36 a.m.

OK, this one is still around.  Time to go.  I'm out of time.  I have moved to SC, and will not be taking this car with me.

SOMEBODY needs this!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/23/18 9:00 p.m.

Psteav mentioned that if we have a gathering of minds, he would be interesting in filling up some of the trailer...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/23/18 9:56 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

Hold on... Are you saying psteav is interested in this car if you and I work out our other deal?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/24/18 9:04 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Mainly due to a possible transportation option. He lives in town.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/18 9:10 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Yeah, I'm trying not to be interested, but singleslammer mentioned that he might be making a trip down to buy something else off of you....which got the wheels turning.  I've wanted another one ever since I sold mine ~15 years ago.  Let me think about it for a minute and I'll PM you if I want to make it happen.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/24/18 12:05 p.m.

In reply to psteav :

Trying to decide if I should say, "Standing by...", or "You KNOW you want it!"  Lol!

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/27/18 10:39 p.m.

If it will help the cause, I've got a 91 sundance sitting at my parents place in Gainesville, FL you can have for spare parts if you take this one from SVreX.  Complete, no title. I want to say it's a stick, but could be an auto. It's been a LONG time since I've looked at it.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/5/18 12:27 p.m.

Ok guys. This is it. 

My house is sold.  This car is not moving with me. 

Make me an offer.  Feel free to insult me. 

Must be gone before 6/24. After that, the scrap yard will get it, and it will be YOUR fault!  LOL!!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/5/18 1:35 p.m.

send me a message. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/5/18 1:42 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

You have a message

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/9/18 5:52 p.m.

LAST CHANCE, GUYS!!

If I don't have anyone interested this week, it's going to the scrapyard. 

Speak up. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/17/18 11:22 a.m.

Scrappers didn’t come yet. 

Next weekend I cut it up. 

803five5tree27sixty-six

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/18/18 5:26 p.m.

As much as you know I want it to upgrade the Rampage, I unfortunately just can't swing it at any level right now (no space to put it, no time to go down and get it, bit of a money crunch with construction on the cabin & medical bills, and the Dancer would likely freak out with my bringing home an immobile vehicle in the middle of crunch time for her upcoming show).

In a bit over a month (once the show is done) I'd probably be able to make it work. I really wish I could get it, but the only way to do so would be someone to deliver it and find a place to store it for a month or so- both of which would push the expense up above what I could swing. :/

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/22/18 2:23 p.m.

Gone

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XyR5fkBLLecYUb7nDyydrLOiQovcJde4GIh6Mz9HJvl5Zf5CI0gcTxRhQ2WQ3SmQ