1 2 3
eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/8/20 1:05 p.m.

Sounds like someone needs to make some “This is a closed course.  I am an UNprofessional” t-shirts...

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/20 1:30 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

That's correct. Pro drivers will not be provided, and spectators are not allowed. However, you're welcome to have whatever team members you'd like. And drivers may drive any car at the event. 

Well let me be the first to say then to any pro drivers if you want a spot on my team I'm happy to sign you up. And I will not be mad if you choose to also drive other cars.

Also, my challenge car is a motorcycle-engined datsun roadster. Basically a stretched f600 racecar chassis, hand clutch, 15k redline, the works. If you're not interested in driving a deathtrap like that I won't hold it against you. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/20 4:28 p.m.

Well, that solidifies the need for me to get off my arse and drag the E46 to some local AX events to get some real seat time in with it. I didn't plan to have the top up on it anyway so wouldn't have been that worried about anyone else driving it- just gives me an excuse to get better at driving it myself. I've always had a pro take at least one run in the cars I've taken in the past (an they've always blown my time out of the water) just to get a better feel for how the car itself compared to the others without my driving skills as a limiter.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/20 4:29 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I would submit a change to make it "This is a closed course. I am nowhere NEAR professional."

bigben
bigben Reader
9/9/20 12:15 a.m.

Well, after catching up on the chatter here, it looks like I'm out for this year.  The car is definitely more capable than I am, and it's a long trip not to really be able to showcase the full potential of what I've built. And I just found out that my wife's sister who lives in the opposite direction is in need of help with house repairs the same week, at least those vacation days I had saved for the Challenge won't go to waste.

Ah well, I guess I have another year to procrastinate finishing the to do list on the car, errr um I mean, another  year to really  dial it in.wink 

I'll look forward to reading about the event in the magazine. Hopefully you all will find a way to make lemonade out of these 2020 lemons. (Maybe add a costume or best covid mask contest to the event or something. )

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/9/20 2:15 p.m.

Sounds like this thread is a great place for anyone with driving skill & willingness to come to put your info up and see if a team (teams?) will fund you coming. Seems like a win/win. 

GVX19
GVX19 HalfDork
9/21/20 7:19 a.m.

I'm not a pro Driver, but I am willing to be a benchmark driver.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/20 6:10 p.m.

Are there any excommunicated pro drivers that need a home?  I don't know if there was any offer to join teams in private or not but Team Stampie is welcoming of all.  Beards are not a requirement but are accepted.

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/1/20 7:59 p.m.

I am registered on a team. I will be happy to drive other cars to get them a better score, just like I've been doing as "pro" driver since it was the $1500 Challenge. 

davbro
davbro New Reader
10/18/20 1:33 a.m.

In reply to Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) :

Hey Danny i would love it if you would be willing to drive our cars...we have an e46 and we may bring back the RX44 (Rotary 944)

10/18/20 6:22 a.m.

In reply to davbro :

Love to drive one or both!  Two of the best handling cars, even in stock form! 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/18/20 6:31 a.m.
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) said:

I am registered on a team. I will be happy to drive other cars to get them a better score, just like I've been doing as "pro" driver since it was the $1500 Challenge. 

Wanna drive an Impala SS?

10/18/20 3:47 p.m.

Absolutely! I used to own a '96!

admc58
admc58 Reader
10/18/20 8:37 p.m.

I will be there and will drive as many as I can. 
Alan McCrispin. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/20 8:41 p.m.

In reply to admc58 :

After your conversation at my bar in 2018 I think I have a set up ready for you.  

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/19/20 8:39 a.m.

In reply to admc58 :

Id love for you to get behind the wheel of my car and provide feedback as well. I am planning on taking it on at least a few runs to see what i can do in it. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eVpJ6g7phteQwf17vnAzdyZaZM7g9eHrWMoYV14QB5cWHY3ER43dT45reNTFMeBq