1 2 3 4
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/19 2:07 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Patrick :

We could strip the interior for Friday then put it back in for Saturday. It is a parking lot build tradition you know. 

No, i plan to destroy the jags at full weight 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/29/19 3:14 p.m.

It's almost like the gastropods are becoming the return of the aristocrats!

Patrick
9/29/19 4:29 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I’m non gastropod, i have all the purple crack 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/19 6:18 p.m.
Patrick said:
Stampie said:

In reply to Patrick :

We could strip the interior for Friday then put it back in for Saturday. It is a parking lot build tradition you know. 

No, i plan to destroy the jags at full weight 

I'll try to peer pressure Indy into borrowing my nitrous kit for his Jaaaag. This will be one awesome showdown.

Robbie
9/29/19 6:26 p.m.

I dunno, if you run Hoosiers, you *may* win, but *if* you beat the jags, there will always be that asterisk...

Patrick
9/29/19 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Like the 2015 NBA title?

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
9/29/19 7:40 p.m.
Patrick said:

Deleting paint from the equation because 

this is the main PLB concern

Very simple.  Clean up, wheel stud conversion, change wheels, fix oil cooler leak, nitrous, stickers.

Dont be a puss!  It is super easy to paint a golf cart since the body pops off.  You don't even need to mask anything.  I will lend my parking lot painting expertise and will make it happen.  Just pick a color that matches tan (seats / roof) and black (trim and wheels) and we will get it done.

I too am running circle track wheels on my cart.  14x7 Basset Racing with 22 inch tires.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/29/19 7:56 p.m.

Robbie said:

It's almost like the gastropods are becoming the return of the aristocrats!

I too have noticed this.  I always figured that the Aristocrat Trophy would be a perpetual, traveling trophy.   This seems like a good time for its return!  

No special consideration for Gastro, no special rules.  The highest placing Luxo wins. 

Let's remember that in the inaugural year, the overall winner would have been considered Gastro except for the 200tw tires.  But, it was completely stock otherwise, right down to its full interior, factory shocks, and factory ride height along with its 1000 mile drive to the event and 1000 mile drive home.  It beat out the trailered and gutted Lexus LS400.  The otherwise stock Lincoln Mark8 was the fastest in drags.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/29/19 8:01 p.m.
Robbie said:

I dunno, if you run Hoosiers, you *may* win, but *if* you beat the jags, there will always be that asterisk...

You mean the asterisk of the Jags not trying hard enough?

Robbie
9/29/19 8:42 p.m.
Stampie said:
Robbie said:

You mean the asterisk of the Jags not trying hard enough?

Some say it is decidedly ungentlemanly to appear to be trying too hard.

Patrick
9/29/19 9:05 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

How many spray cans

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
9/29/19 9:35 p.m.

Are you using plasti dip or regular paint?

Patrick
9/29/19 9:37 p.m.

regular paint 

i have some of the green prep pads and prep solvent.  

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
9/30/19 1:28 p.m.

Probably one can of primer and two of the color. 

The body's are injection molded plastic and are fairly flexible so take that into account with you paint choice.  That's why I normally use plastic dip on them.

Patrick
9/30/19 1:28 p.m.

Will keep that in mind

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
9/30/19 1:31 p.m.

T4, I think it would look cool in a matte green or olive drab.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/30/19 3:00 p.m.

I think I have a bunch of extra Elastiwrap, price is $free. Let me see what I can dig up. 

Patrick
9/30/19 7:27 p.m.

Ordered 3 cans of the color i desire, but if there is free elastiwrap being thrown about and it can be used for the golf cart or the benz, i’m all ears 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/1/19 5:00 p.m.

I have a bunch of ends of of vinyl rolls in black, brown, and white, if that will help for decorating the golf cart.  No tools (or skill) for applying it, though.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/19 5:12 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

I too am running circle track wheels on my cart.  14x7 Basset Racing with 22 inch tires.

Is that lifted or standard suspension? Looks good. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/1/19 7:42 p.m.

It's a 6.5 inch lift.  We are installing essentially the same one on Patrick's cart in the parking lot.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/19 8:35 p.m.
Patrick said:

Deleting paint from the equation because 

this is the main PLB concern

Very simple.  Clean up, wheel stud conversion, change wheels, fix oil cooler leak, nitrous, stickers.

With some black and teal plastidip or vinyl bits (maybe even just rolls of vinyl tape) it would be relatively easy to give the car an F1 Petronas-inspired livery.

Also I feel like the golf cart should become both 2 Fast and 2 Furious, I'll do some mockups...

Patrick
10/1/19 8:40 p.m.

I’m going for this

i have the green and white on the way and a vector file for the amg logo to blow up and cut. I think it will work well with the challenge required decal package, and i can paint the wheels before i mount the tires, provided i get the wheels

Trying hard to resist anything that causes holes or sucks to undo because I want to own the car after the event.  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/19 10:03 p.m.

Good stuff! How's this for the cart?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/1/19 11:18 p.m.

No-go on the Elastiwrap. Just tried to find it and came up empty-handed. Sorry about that! 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OSDxVlWeStPAN5yywG6DLoNC1201fYnG9nsZZRcT3iAfNdFX13P8dKx0efyD12MR