1 2 3 4
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/19 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Saturday 

ive also been reminded battery hold down, which stampie acquired for me.

Patrick
10/18/19 7:28 p.m.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

went to start datsun to get it out of the trailer tomorrow for the trip, stupid speedmaster chinese fuel pump is dead.  Making an emergency summit run in the morning because Dead Sled and xlr99 are coming tomorrow at noon to help make the final push of challenge readiness because they are awesome and I appreciate them very much

on the plus side the fuse block for the golf cart and the plug wires for the mercedes showed up

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/18/19 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That sucks. They them thanks for helping to load my stuff. I got Grandma Stampie's trailer empty this evening for the golf cart. 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/18/19 9:21 p.m.

I keep seeing a lot of custom battery hold down solutions, is the OEM "clamp that kinda squeezes the battery down on one side" no good or is everyone just going with custom battery locations or smaller batteries that need custom clamps?

Patrick
10/18/19 11:10 p.m.

Oem battery location and size allows for oem hold down per nhra and scca rules for most cases.  Otherwise non stock (battery size, location) requires a secure hold down with 3/8 bolt(s).  This car has a battery under the back seat, so I also prefer it not bounce around under my kids.  

it's midnight, i just finished the spreadsheet and my office program crashed before i could save or print.  berkeley computers 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/19/19 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Computers were a mistake. (That's what I say every time I have to actually work on one.)

Stampie
10/19/19 9:08 a.m.

The golf cart has landed.

Patrick
10/19/19 9:54 a.m.

Looks rainy.  

Stampie
10/19/19 10:07 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Oh yeah you got pimpm3 and I both wet. Don't tell Carli. 

Patrick
10/19/19 4:50 p.m.

Attention:  if i have stuff for you, please do your best to get it from me thursday.  My trailer is getting dangerously close to capacity, and it's all everyone else's E36 M3

bob, you're sleeping with some tires, big boy

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/20/19 9:09 p.m.

i’ll be sourcing interesting bits like a lift kit, some wheels(anyone have some rwd offset 13-15” 4x100’s?), a back seat, seatbelts, lights, a stereo, and anything else we determine is necessary to create an awesome pit vehicle.  If we can source 13” wheels i can steal the old toyo proxes slicks off the wheels stampie has at my house, or if they’re 4x100 i’ll just steal everything.  I’ve already got some LED driving lights we can put on the front.  

I have a set of 4x100 turbine wheels that originally came on my challenge car. they look ugly on about everything but now that i think about it they actually just look like a larger version of a golf cart wheel lol. they are 15"

pic attached is for reference. i dont have a pic on my work computer. but the front tires are damn near new all seasons and the rear are some old nitto drag radials.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/20/19 10:08 p.m.

Mustang wheels are 4x108

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/20/19 10:54 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

oh yea, you're right. i should know that of anyone. guess these 70 hour weeks are getting to me lol.

bigben
bigben Reader
10/21/19 2:08 p.m.

Anybody bringing a pinion angle finder? I ended up coming down early and will need to finish a few things in the parking lot, and I couldn't find my magnetic angle finder when I loaded up to leave.

Stampie
10/21/19 2:56 p.m.

In reply to bigben :

Phone app?

Patrick
10/21/19 3:00 p.m.

In reply to bigben :

I'll load mine

ninja edit: it's in the truck

we may have to assemble the grill at the hotel because I'm running out of time.  Going to get a propane tank filled and diesel up the truck, get ride down food, clean the bed from my work dirt and the last of my tools and lay down a tarp for the suitcases, and a couple little bits to toss in the trailer before i take it around the block later to make sure it's still a functioning trailer.  

running out of steam, also have to go get my prescription so I don't die 

bigben
bigben Reader
10/22/19 12:36 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to bigben :

Phone app?

That's my back up plan.

Patrick
10/22/19 6:54 a.m.

Trailer loaded, has not moved since last year.  It's raining, have to load suitcases and kids and go across the street and grab the trailer.  I'm the only one awake 

Patrick
10/22/19 9:13 a.m.

Should be on the road in 20.  Every dish in the house washed, no dirty clothes left, almost loaded.  I wanted to leave by 8 but with getting sick and pushing it way too hard lately I decided to chill the berkeley out and move at a nice easy pace.  We'll get there when we get there

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/22/19 9:26 a.m.

Good decision, have a safe trip, see you tomorrow.

Patrick
10/23/19 5:55 a.m.

Drove all night, front desk hooked us up nobody was in our room so she checked us in no extra charge.  I'm going to bed

yes we did cleveland to albemarle nc, dropped a car and loaded another, then straight through to Gainesville in one shot with one driver.  I claim no sanity

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/23/19 6:30 a.m.

Glad to hear it

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m9Pd6OT44ksSgRvJaV1ybIlKEMPnZIthXGfMziLfiSHz1EGqnhAPVdIrLTpjfj3O