exST165
exST165 New Reader
11/26/11 8:34 p.m.

Not mine / no affiliation:

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=195608#post195608

I bought this porsche 924 sight unseen for $500 as I was told it had a rebuilt engine but had been sitting a while. He failed to mention that mice had gotten into the interior and the overall condition of the body, and it's just not worth it to me to fix up, but it would still make a great lemons car or ice racer. I want $500 for it. Located in southwest ontario near Windsor. Delivery is possible. It's a 1977? Porsche 924. Aluminum factory wheels. Manual transmission. I was told the engine was rebuilt 5 years ago, last ran last year, and has under 10,000KM on it. The plates expired in 2007. It needs a windshield. The body isn't horrible but has rust, and there's a rust hole in one fender. Otherwise it's not too bad, underneath didn't look rusted. Car is yellow. I haven't tried starting it but have no reason to believe it wouldn't run with a battery and fresh fuel. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow and hopefully have them online in a day or two. This car is obviously not worth restoring but would make a fine parts car, lemons racer, ice racer or whathaveyou. I'm willing to part it out if anyone wants any parts.
corytate
corytate HalfDork
11/26/11 9:07 p.m.

is it just me or is that totally worth fixing/restoring/restomod?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/26/11 9:16 p.m.

I loved 924s when they were new and I'm also a sucker for cool cars that have seen better days, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would spend any time or money on one of these at this point. 944s (and 924Ss) are exponentially better in a thousand different ways and they can be found for Challenge money all day long.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/28/11 7:42 a.m.

RUN AWAY!!!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/28/11 8:41 p.m.

I like the simplicity of the 924 compared to the somewhat complex and bloated 944 by comparison.

A friend who owned both a 924 and a 944 described the 924 as a driver's car and the 944 as a cruiser. Surprising given how much DNA is shared between the two.

Biggest issues the 924's have are stupid owners that can't bother to fix the CIS and electrical systems properly. Much like British sports cars and their SU carbs and electrical issues.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
12/11/11 9:51 p.m.

FYI, he's about to scrap it and starting to part it out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KZhNXJITqXpROIS0fQnoXyhJHefBwsZ9WDbUS165fVPJu7NECiwKqJOJzhAG6aEu