Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/12 12:07 p.m.

For sale:

Pair of original Porsche OEM Recaro "Sport Seats" (Option codes M383 & M387). Linen color (light beige) in full leather. Power tilt/rake on both seats. All motors and switches work. The passenger seat is pretty nice and can bolt right in, as is. The driver seat has issues with the outside bolster. A good upholsterer can fix just that patch of leather rather than re-covering the whole seat (as it's in good shape). No other leather checking or cracks. Still pretty soft.

Out of an 86 Porsche 944. They are identical seats to the Sport Seats in the 911 and 928 and were used from 78-94 from what I've been able to research. Complete with tracks but NO seatbelt receptacles (bolt your standard ones on).

$750 OBO for the pair, can ship.

Note: Pricing on real Sport Seats are all over the place. My price is high for some places but absurdly low for others. I am very open to offers. Also, I have a local upholstery guy who can fix the driver's bolster and basically make them "9/10" seats. I can get a quote. Additionally, I have the matching rear seats for the 944, nearly perfect, for additional if required.

Will take cash + your cloth rear 944 seats as a partial trade deal for the set of 4.

Thanks!

Javelin
3/19/12 12:09 p.m.

Next to my replacement seats.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/19/12 3:20 p.m.

So this ad is for the ones on the left?

Javelin
3/19/12 4:56 p.m.

I'll sell pairs of the ones on the left for $750 all day long! (They're my super-cheap $250 a pair shipped knock-offs)

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/19/12 4:58 p.m.

Oh really? Learn me more on these knock offs...

docwyte
docwyte Reader
3/19/12 5:00 p.m.

Post on rennlist, you'll sell them quickly

Javelin
3/19/12 5:15 p.m.
chknhwk wrote: Oh really? Learn me more on these knock offs...

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/need-seats-cheap-seats/39118/page1/

Javelin
3/19/12 5:16 p.m.
docwyte wrote: Post on rennlist, you'll sell them quickly

I put them up here, on CL locally, and in Pelican. Renn seems to be close to dead to me (at least the 944 stuff).

I'm trying to decide if it's worth having the driver's bolster fixed and then sell them as very nice, ready-to-go seats. May even dye them black, too.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/19/12 5:47 p.m.

I saw that thread, thank you. Bookmarked your link for future perusal. Looking for a set of track-friendly seats for my X.

Javelin
3/19/12 6:12 p.m.

I've been informed that the actual color is Champagne, not Linen.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
3/19/12 7:01 p.m.

Those are the exact seats I have in my 911. Very comfy.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/20/12 6:42 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
docwyte wrote: Post on rennlist, you'll sell them quickly
Renn seems to be close to dead to me (at least the 944 stuff).

Yeah, that's why you don't list them as 944 seats. You list them as Sport seats. Its all about advertising, and knowing your market.

(Honestly, I want them, but 750 is more than I want to spend on seats for my 1500 dollar car, and shipping would probably kill it. GLWS, Bro!)

docwyte
docwyte Reader
3/20/12 9:00 a.m.

The 944 forums on Rennlist are full of people and parts sell quickly. When I parted out my 944 I sold parts exclusively on Rennlist and everything sold quickly and without any problems.

Javelin
3/20/12 9:15 a.m.

Guess I'll cross-post them over there, too.

Oh, and Maroon, I'm open to trades and offers

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/20/12 8:26 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Guess I'll cross-post them over there, too. Oh, and Maroon, I'm open to trades and offers

I'll offer you a back waxing, a half burned candle, a slightly used piece of string, and a sack of charcoal.

Javelin
3/20/12 10:54 p.m.

Mrs. Javelin would make me take the back waxing, and you'd get the short end of the deal for sure!

Javelin
3/26/12 4:56 p.m.

Renn and Pelican both got me nada.

Price drop to $700 while I try and get pics up of both seats.

Javelin
3/28/12 10:38 a.m.

Piktars!

Javelin
4/4/12 3:32 p.m.

$650 obo

Javelin
4/9/12 6:47 p.m.

Super-duper ultra-closeout special. If they don't sell at this price by the end of the month I will have them recovered and eBay them for more than I paid for the car.

$550 firm.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/9/12 10:17 p.m.

Crap, if my wife hadn't just spent money out of my paypal account, I'd be talking to you. I have the rear 944 seats you speak of too!
Crap, this whole poor thing is rough.

Javelin
4/9/12 10:38 p.m.

Shoot me a PM DrBoost, we might be able to work something out anyways...

Javelin
4/13/12 12:33 p.m.

Still available. The official color has finally been confirmed as "Grey Beige" by the way.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PvHekLoLyiiahRS1RGOsxSqvgoxxzHRy7VzjfZRzkV22LbjKt61v4LcIlblTS24l