1 2
DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
11/29/10 5:13 p.m.

I'm not happy to do this but drastic times call for drastic measures. With that said my CRX is up for sale. Upfront, the rockers are soft and the right rear fender is starting to get rusty. The engine started to spin a bearing on the fifth run up Mt. Ascutney this fall so it needs a rebuild too. It still runs to get it on and off trailers but I don't want to go more than that.

The rear bumper mounts usually rust but have already been taken care of. Car is painted with white rustoleum (indestructible).

Bunch of pics here: http://daveestey.smugmug.com/Cars/My-CRX-Hillclimb-car/12212852_LjpZQ#1075130699_QszwG

NO A/C. NO Powersteering. NO sunroof. NO stereo.

Smart-arms all around

KYB AGX shocks all around

Extended top hats

QA1 400lb springs all around

3-way adjustable 22m Suspension Techniques rear sway

Braided stainless brake lines

EBC Yellow Stuff pads

B&M Short throw shifter

Custom 2.25" cat back w/header

Corbeau A4 drivers seat

Gforce 6-point harness

Momo wheel w/NRG quick release

6-point custom welded roll cage

5lb fire extinguisher w/double band mount

Oil pressure gauge (not installed)

The car was always capable of making more powerful cars blush while sporting 205/50-15 Toyo R888's. Racing rim/tire package is not included unless you want to pay more. Car is currently rolling on super studded ice racing tires.

It will and has passed NH state inspection but I wouldn't call this a street car.

Car is camped out at my parent's place in VT right now.

$1,800 pretty firm since that's how much the rollcage cost and I'll accept the loss on the rest of it as long as it goes to an enthusiast.

email: estey.david AT Gmail.com

Buyer must be willing to see me tear up a little as he drives away.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/5/10 5:44 p.m.

I'm surprised there's no interest in this. Is my price wrong?

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
12/5/10 6:38 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I'm surprised there's no interest in this. Is my price wrong?

Not in my opinion. No money, no space, no time, and a lack of balls.

Good luck selling, though.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
12/5/10 6:44 p.m.

price is great... but I bought pretty much the same thing 2 yrs ago... some one needs to buy this car

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/5/10 7:00 p.m.

We are actually a fairly small market and most of us have at least one project car in the yard hogging all of our spare income.

dmidknight
dmidknight New Reader
12/5/10 9:49 p.m.

I really mean this with the utmost respect, but although it has A LOT of nice stuff on it, it needs an engine, and does not come with the rims/tires that really make the look of the car, so it's a nice shell, in Vermont, for $1800.00. Hard sell to us skinflints still trying to pay off the stuff we already have.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/10 11:20 p.m.

Oh look, the project car I have been wanting. And it runs my lucky number. Damn I need a few bucks!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/6/10 10:50 a.m.

I could be talked into selling it with the rims and used rubber for $2,000.

Tires are Toyo R888 205/50-15 shaved 4/32nds. One tire is showing some chords and the rears look untouched (needs an LSD).

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/6/10 11:11 a.m.

If I didn't already have a CRX in the works I'd be on this - price is more than fair!

Pumpkin Escobar
Pumpkin Escobar SuperDork
12/6/10 11:20 a.m.

nope, price is good, your location and my back account are to blame. Good luck, thats a pretty sweet ride and an instant challenge car....just add driver, mix and bake.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
12/7/10 5:42 p.m.

Extremely fair pricing, and especially tempting for someone like myself that has spare parts up the wazoo(including 2 ZCs, a GSR, and 3 B18As), and lives less than 3 hours away.

But alas, my extremely patient landlord currently says nothing about the 3 hatches, 2 CRXs, 1 Sedan, the DA Integra, the 16X8 Friehoffer trailer and the 20X8 toy hauler currently parked in and around the driveway. Thats just the projects, nevermind the Tahoe, Subaru Outback, and the '98 Civic that are actually regged and inspected. . .

If I hadn't been in dire need of a commuter(the '98 I just bought this weekend) I would have grabbed it anyway. Good luck with the sale Dave!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/8/10 9:54 a.m.

haha I forgot you were on here.

You are a true collector.

The poster formally known as 96DXCivic
The poster formally known as 96DXCivic SuperDork
12/8/10 10:00 a.m.

I sent you a PM about the wheels a few days ago. Did you get it?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/8/10 12:13 p.m.

Didn't I respond? Could have sworn I responded.

email me estey.david AT gmail

Crap my email sent it the junk folder. POS email.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/12/10 10:38 p.m.

Ok here's the deal, you get the whole kit and caboodle, that means rims with mounted R888's PLUS a set of heat cycled but never used full depth R888's for $1,800.

I can also meet with the car within 2 hours towing.

That's a GRM only price.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
12/13/10 11:14 a.m.

Very tempted....considering I wadded up my subaru...and have a b16 and transmission sitting unused. Need to investigate into just how involved(read how much $$) swapping the motor would be.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
12/13/10 4:26 p.m.

In reply to sachilles:

Seth, a set of pre-fabbed engine mounts will run about 200-400, depending on your e-bay/message board luck/savy. A decent street/sport clutch about 250-350, depending on desired level of performance. Off the top of my head a Boomslang prefabbed jumper harness is around 150. Axles are 70-100 each.

The mounts could be fabbed by yourself, but tedious and time consuming. The wiring isn't that bad, but the Boomslang option lets you easily return it to stock if you so desire.

I really wish I wasn't spread so thin, this deal just gets better and better.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/16/10 9:46 a.m.

Seth, I'd drop the price even further to keep the car in the NEHA family. Just saying.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
12/18/10 11:32 a.m.

Thanks Dave. Pondering it at the moment. Don't hold the sale on my part if you have an acceptable offer. Trying to decide if I want to give up AWD.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
12/19/10 7:00 a.m.

Seth, just ask Chris R. how fun a Honda FWD can be. After he drove my blue CRX at Stowe III, only a surgeon could have removed the smile from his face.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
12/19/10 8:14 a.m.

Remember, I drove it to. Your CRX is the reason I'm considering this.

Some of the other logic that makes me think it's a good idea, is that if I buy this, and heaven forbid wreck this one, I'd have all the remaining parts for my Mini VTEC project. There is a cheap 91 integra on VTrides with a non running b16.....might that have some of the conversion pieces? I have to call you Roger at some point to pick your brain.

Dave, what size is the tube in the cage? I assume it's DOM.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/19/10 9:49 a.m.

1.50” x .090” DOM

And I'd lop another $300 off the price tag if I can take it for a spin at an AutoX this summer.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
12/21/10 4:58 p.m.

In reply to sachilles:

DOH! I forgot about the fun runs that day!

Unfortunately, the only thing the 'Teg would offer is the axles(I think, I'd have to "phone a friend" to confirm), and half of the shift linkage, which I forgot about in my previous post. The cheap way is to combine the chassis half of the D series with the trans side of the B series, which is what was done on my Crex back in 2000. It has held up well with no shifting issues what so ever.

I've downgraded my 91 Teg's status to "parts car", so if you needed the linkage I would trade you a 22oz beer for it.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
12/25/10 6:52 p.m.

Make me an offer folks.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mrrhcjivxrHem0p3Rt9IOYdT3yOH4ChyfUk6lLNOiPyKwNQxkqkpFnGOchR8HCSt