AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/19 9:47 a.m.

easier to ask than to research:

what are the requirements for side and rear window glass for challenge legality?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/27/19 10:01 a.m.

I've gotten by with no side glass although they've questioned me.  I plan on running a window net this year. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/19 10:15 a.m.

Per nhra, open window is net or arm restraint.  They were more relaxed on this for slow cars but then ratcheted it up.  An arm restraint is not part of the car, it’s safety gear on your person, so it’s a budget non factor

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/27/19 10:30 a.m.

So, that would mean you’d only need restraints/nets for seats that are ‘occupied’?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/27/19 10:36 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Arm restraints wouldn’t attach to a factory seat belt right?

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
6/27/19 12:55 p.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

So, that would mean you’d only need restraints/nets for seats that are ‘occupied’?

Normally yes. Even the fast guys only have a drivers side net.

AngryCorvair
6/27/19 3:01 p.m.

outstanding, thanks!   now i have to weight the aero effects and decide how street-illegal i want the car to be.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/19 5:44 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

outstanding, thanks!   now i have to weight the aero effects and decide how street-illegal i want the car to be.

Keep the windows, make it a street car, it’s more fun that way 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
6/28/19 6:44 a.m.
Patrick said:
AngryCorvair said:

Oops.

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/28/19 4:36 p.m.

To be legal on the Street here a Glass Front is Required, Quality Lexan can be done here for the Rest, That Back Glass Might need some support if Lexan They are Large!   You Want Rear Qtr. Windows and a back glass For Areo, and seal the air vents at the base, UNLESS you use them ,There is a lot of pressure there

AngryCorvair
6/28/19 4:38 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

im thinking one of the cowl vents might be the cooling air source for the engine compartment (not the radiator!), and the other will be for driver comfort.  

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/29/19 3:56 p.m.
poopshovel again said:
Patrick said:
AngryCorvair said:

Oops.

Too late!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MBaU2FRBRuIFhiLEG0Svuu87GCDsxv6zHnFC2FWpfG6FxUaGdQCWxcrWc0yaq2Ef