Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
11/11/09 1:41 a.m.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/1457575617.html

92 Subaru SVX - $1000 (Hillsboro) 92 Subaru SVX, Green with grey interior. 188k. Clean title. All Wheel Drive. All power options, windows and chairs. Expired tags. 5-speed conversion with legacy transmission. Runs & drives. Custom exhaust. Has cracked windshield. Dent on pass rear quarter panel. Professionally tinted windows. Asking $1000. This car runs and drives but is more of a project car for an SVX enthusiast. Has starter problems, will intermittently not engage starter when trying to start vehicle. Email me for pictures or questions

Just thought I'd pass it on, since I've seen multiple people on this forum interested in 5 speed SVXs and this one is CHEAP.

Bryce

Hocrest
Hocrest Reader
11/11/09 5:56 a.m.

Quite a bargain, but FYI a new windshield will cost $1000+...

The starting issue could be a common problem fixed with a $5 relay

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Reader
11/11/09 11:28 a.m.

I wish that was Hillsboro, OH, instead of Hillsboro, OR.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
11/11/09 1:00 p.m.
Hocrest wrote: Quite a bargain, but FYI a new windshield will cost $1000+... The starting issue could be a common problem fixed with a $5 relay

Umm...recognize where you're at? Nobody here is paying $1000 for a new windshield. If the windshield was cracked bad enough you couldn't take it racing, there are plenty of used donors available nearby for <$100.

If I hadn't just picked up two cars in the last month, I'd pick this up.

Bryce

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
11/13/09 5:40 p.m.

Ha ha!

Hey Bryce! Hocrest is one of only 2 people who have built an SVX Challenger!

Yes, he knows the game.

Lol!

As the other person who has brought an SVX Challenger, I'm gonna side with Hocrest. It's gonna be hard to find an SVX windshield cheap, unless it's Lexan. Or, I guess you could ask either me or Hocrest!

I anyone is interested in this, I can fill you in on what to look out for in a 5 speed SVX. I've built 2 (and have 1 for sale).

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
11/13/09 5:44 p.m.

If anyone needs an SVX windshield, I'll sell mine for $600. Right color tint for that car, too.

I'll throw in a non-dented rear quarter panel for free.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
11/13/09 6:02 p.m.

Apparently the junkyards aren't getting the same memo as you guys on the SVX windshields, because car-part.com lists a bunch of them available around here for cheap. There's two of them 70 miles from my house for $60 each, or one of them 3 miles from my house for $200. Maybe we're just lucky with cheap Subies in Portland? I mean, we've got 5 speed SVXs for a grand, so we must be.

I really would pick up the car if I didn't have a full driveway right now, just bad timing. It seems like it'd be a great winter beater and a fun car to have, even if it was only a short term flip.

Bryce

The_Jed
The_Jed Reader
11/13/09 7:25 p.m.

Mr. SVreX, Would you happen to have a link to an ad for your SVX? I can't seem to find it.

Sorry about the hijack.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
11/13/09 9:39 p.m.

I've got an SVX in the local self service yard. Intact windshield for $50.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
11/14/09 8:33 a.m.

Yes, Nashco, there are a LOT more Subies in Portland than anywhere else in the world! In 15 years in 7 different (Eastern) states, and hundreds of junkyards, I've only seen 2 SVXii in a junkyard. 1 became my Challenger!

Jed, you've got mail.

schumithecat
schumithecat New Reader
11/16/09 9:14 p.m.

speaking of SVX, there is a running auto one for $400 obo on CL New Orleans.

dave91H
dave91H
10/21/11 9:57 a.m.

In reply to SVreX: im lookin to buy a svx can u help

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/22/11 8:05 a.m.

Whatcha looking for?

I've got a '95 shell with a good motor bad tranny suitable donor for a project, and a very nice 5 spd which is my daily driver.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/22/11 8:43 a.m.

In fl insurance will replace a windsheild if you have full coverage..... Just sayin

FlightService
FlightService Dork
10/22/11 5:49 p.m.

gone

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/11 5:54 p.m.
FlightService wrote: gone

It was from 2009...zombie thread

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
10/22/11 5:54 p.m.

If by gone you mean the original posted link is no longer viewable that is because that original post was put up nearly 2 years ago.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vhI6Pc9B23HGBl7Za902X4wSVWWpU549XMCh7HtXg8xUYOZkVNmFFBdwus6nSN5E