1 2
captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/31/18 7:02 p.m.

https://youtu.be/V8XrtVpxOEI

Can this thing be the official mascot of the challenge and how do we get them to the challenge. I have a friend who's a successful professional musician who would totally come jam out with this beast, and I've been practicing again...

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/31/18 8:02 p.m.

I hope we do it, at least half of Interstellar Sledgehammer will be there, 3/4 if i can swing it

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/19 5:33 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Nonack is bring drums. My hunch is if someone brought this costume he’d be first in line to try it on. I’ll be bringing some form of bass rig, just need to figure out how big/loud we want to make this. 

Pete Gossett
1/1/19 5:34 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Awesome!

Pete Gossett
8/5/19 6:48 p.m.

I wanted to bump this back up & see if anyone else is still interested in having a jam this year, and if so who & what?

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/5/19 7:57 p.m.

We are 80/20 for going down this year. I play guitar and can jam over most things, if you wanna go nuts on bass, give me a key and we can go for it. I literally have played 30 min improv songs live and recorded 20min ones lol

My wife plays sax, sings and keyboards. If you wanna do some jazz stuff give her some warning so she can get some sheet music if she doesn't know it. Also if you want to do something like War Pigs, she sings it quite regularly.

If I'm bringing just the Rampage though I'm gonna be very limited on what I can bring instrument wise. Like......maybe a guitar. 

Pete Gossett
8/6/19 6:38 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Sounds like a fun time to me! If no one else is bringing a guitar amp I’ll see if I can find one to bring along. 

And I’m thinking I’d like to hear your wife play a jazz sax solo over War Pigs...

Antihero
8/6/19 3:09 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to Antihero :

Sounds like a fun time to me! If no one else is bringing a guitar amp I’ll see if I can find one to bring along. 

And I’m thinking I’d like to hear your wife play a jazz sax solo over War Pigs...

Sweet, I do have some small rigs I might be able to make fit ( Marshall dsl15h head and a 1x12 cab) so I'll give that a try.

That....is an interesting idea. Bitchin improv tenor sax solo might be cool as hell

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/19 4:10 p.m.

I am not bringing my saxomophone.  

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
8/6/19 5:00 p.m.

LQQking for Kazoo s

Pete Gossett
8/6/19 7:26 p.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette :

That could be fun...or get annoying very quickly. Possibly both, actually. You should totally bring a few dozen of them. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/9/19 12:44 p.m.

Yes, in for drums if everyone else is.  I will absolutely wear the ridiculous suit from the first post if somebody provides it.

I'm gathering that I should learn War Pigs?

Antihero
8/9/19 4:28 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Yes, in for drums if everyone else is.  I will absolutely wear the ridiculous suit from the first post if somebody provides it.

I'm gathering that I should learn War Pigs?

War Pigs could be fun as hell.

I admit I've mostly done my own thing song wise so my cover list is shorter than it could be

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/9/19 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I'll add it to my practice rotation.  If we want to come up with a "setlist" I'm happy to practice other stuff too, but nothing... boring.

Antihero
8/9/19 6:04 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Antihero :

I'll add it to my practice rotation.  If we want to come up with a "setlist" I'm happy to practice other stuff too, but nothing... boring.

What do you consider boring? Boom, chick stuff ( basic kick snare stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/9/19 6:09 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Pretty much- like, let's not cover Seven Nation Army unless you want to let me get creative.

Actually, you know what, with that caveat about getting creative I'll do pretty much anything.  cheeky
Plus, Seven Nation Army is probably fun if you just hit stuff really hard.

Antihero
8/9/19 6:20 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Antihero :

Pretty much- like, let's not cover Seven Nation Army unless you want to let me get creative.

Actually, you know what, with that caveat about getting creative I'll do pretty much anything.  cheeky
Plus, Seven Nation Army is probably fun if you just hit stuff really hard.

Creative is fine by me, and I can probably learn Seven Nation Army in a few minutes lol

So stuff by good drummers, check. I've covered White Room, Sunshine of Your Love and could learn some interesting Cream stuff. Ginger Baker is a cool interesting drummer. Any love there?

SaxyHero
SaxyHero None
8/9/19 6:35 p.m.

Jazz sax solo on War Pigs... How about just a sax solo? And I can sing! Shall I learn Seven Nation? Lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/9/19 6:45 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Didn't mean to give the impression that I'm picky- you name it and I'll do my best.  I'm also very much up for just jamming.

If we're guaranteed sax... 21st century schizoid man?

Antihero
8/9/19 6:59 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Antihero :

Didn't mean to give the impression that I'm picky- you name it and I'll do my best.  I'm also very much up for just jamming.

If we're guaranteed sax... 21st century schizoid man?

I didn't think you were picky at all, just wanted you to be able to play fun songs too. 

We can give schizoid a shot if you guys want. It's quite a song for people who've never been together but I'm down. I might have to get creative with some solos since I rarely if ever learn solos note for note

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/9/19 7:10 p.m.

Honestly my vote goes to improvising all but a few songs and then maybe doing a couple covers once we've got a groove going- I love making stuff up.

Antihero
8/9/19 7:16 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Honestly my vote goes to improvising all but a few songs and then maybe doing a couple covers once we've got a groove going- I love making stuff up.

I love improv, every CD I've released I've pushed for one improv song. Last album was named after one and it was approaching 20 min (embarrassingly I'll have to look it up on Spotify to see how long it is cause I can't remember lol)

I can improv for a long time, and we can do solo spots for everyone too

Pete Gossett
8/9/19 7:17 p.m.

I really like where this is going...

Ok, so for a handful of songs just so we have someplace to start: War Pigs, Sunshine of Your Love(?), Seven Nation Army(should I learn it on bass? laugh), and possibly 21st Century Schizoid man - if so, the original version(ish)?

And yeah, let’s jam!

Pete Gossett
8/9/19 7:19 p.m.

Oh, so I don’t own any type of PA...though I do own one E36 M3ty old mic stand. 

Anyone heading that direction who has a small PA?

Antihero
8/9/19 7:26 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I have a Shure vocal Mangler but again, space issues lol. 

I think it would sound cooler if you learned SNA on bass and I can add guitar stuff to it maybe?

And 17:11, with 15 minutes or so of totally improv solo

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UoaksLelCbvWIDOylyikNISTJXILlVB7d3UdKLsIIlcWUay2Lwz97rNLlO09mZbH