alex
alex HalfDork
9/16/09 9:41 a.m.

I have a streetfightered '97 TL1000-S that recently developed and engine problem - pouring smoke from the exhaust. I'm guessing it's a holed piston from running way lean, but that's just a guess.

Here's the Craigslist posting with the details. http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/1364335735.html

I'm looking to trade for... well, I'm open to suggestions. I was hoping for something like a middleweight dual sport, really, anything working/running will be considered, two wheels or four. (Or more.) (No less, please.)

Offers to trade for a wad of greenbacks also considered.

Whaddaya got?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
9/16/09 9:50 a.m.

love it. sweet bike. ill trade you all my miata parts

alex
alex HalfDork
9/16/09 10:06 a.m.

Just add water and stir, right?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
9/16/09 7:52 p.m.

i dunnno..i just wanna bike

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
9/18/09 10:53 a.m.

want a go-kart?

alex
alex HalfDork
9/18/09 11:13 a.m.

You mean a for-serious kart, or a backyard putter? Details on the former would be welcome. I don't have much use for the latter (don't think the gf would appreciate me tearing up the lawn we just bought).

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/18/09 11:56 a.m.

Only in GRM land is a dual-sport considered practical transportation

andrave
andrave Reader
9/18/09 1:15 p.m.

If I ever decide to get serious on my suicide plans I'll trade you my 03 katana.

alex
alex HalfDork
9/18/09 1:43 p.m.

Hey man, if I throw some bags on, say, a KLR650, I'll be riding all year long. I have evil plans for making a set of bags out of cheap plastic toolboxes. And with a proper bike (ie, one that takes knobbies), this may just be the year I stud some tires and ride in the snow.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
9/18/09 1:59 p.m.
alex wrote: You mean a for-serious kart, or a backyard putter? Details on the former would be welcome. I don't have much use for the latter (don't think the gf would appreciate me tearing up the lawn we just bought).

somewhere between..... role cage, 6hp, 2 sets of offroad tires. 30mph as it sits.

I was thinking about bolting a sled engine to it.

Solid hex axle rear, and minimal front suspension.

probably not worth the bike...but I'll throw it out there

looks similar to this one

alex
alex HalfDork
9/18/09 3:34 p.m.

Heh heh. Under other circumstances, I'd be all over that. But the motor gods have dealt me a cruel hand lately, and I'm dreadfully short of working motorcycles. That situation must be rectified.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
9/18/09 5:37 p.m.

Understandale....of the 4 bikes in my garage, only one is running

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/18/09 8:09 p.m.

How big of a wad of greenbacks

alex
alex HalfDork
9/19/09 11:00 a.m.

Oh... maybe 13 Benjamins or so...