itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/20 6:45 p.m.

Trying to sell the fiata project has failed to reveal a new buyer/builder. I am hard pressed to find the time to build it for the challenge, but I am harder pressed to find the time and drive to dismantle what I have completed so far. I am still not sure I can make a competitive challenge car with where I am in the budget and with my remaining time, but if a buyer isn't found really soon I am willing to make a go at it....However, I revisited the budget sheet and my backup and I realized I may have an issue with using he original build budget.

Since the fiat and ranger were both bought for the 2009 effort, All of the receipts for purchase and recoup have been lost. Back in 2015 when I tried to revive this project I had asked the forum for advice/ confirmation of my starting point budget to accommodate that issue. That discussion is here....

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/what-to-do-about-lost-receipts-for-a-challenge-car/107195/page1/ 

In that response several forum members (robbie, pimpm3, and stampie. ...please feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted the replies to the original post) seemed to agree that I could start with the fiata body and chassis, ranger engine, trans, and accessory parts for a total of $292. I had planned to work from this starting point in the 2016 build budget. 

Since that time some of the rules have changed. Notably, the total spent is back down to $2000 instead of $2016, and the rules for an agreed upon price required approval from 5 forum members. No other rule changes seem to materially affect the way my budget was working. So, it seems that I need to adjust the ask value to be $300 (to account for the $8 reduction in recoup allowed) and I need at least 2 more members to agree with my fmv methodology. I humbly ask, in light of the circumstances and the rules changes, does GRM management agree with the essence of the request, and what does the hive think about the request.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/2/20 7:46 a.m.

Wow I was a peon reader back then. Rereading that thread the only problem I see is you've already used up your $1000 in recoup to get to that $300ish. 

itsarebuild
3/2/20 9:39 a.m.

Stampie. Yes you are correct. The premise of a $300 start is tied to no additional recoup for the remainder of the build. 

Stampie
3/2/20 10:16 a.m.

You have my vote on $300 no recoup left. 

itsarebuild
3/6/20 7:16 p.m.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? 

Stampie
3/6/20 8:16 p.m.

Ask here for a mod to change the title to a FMV thread. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/20 8:32 a.m.
itsarebuild said:

i agree you are at $300 with no recoup left

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/20 10:55 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
itsarebuild said:

i agree you are at $300 with no recoup left

Agree

itsarebuild
3/7/20 1:58 p.m.

Yay!  three enablers so far. I need 2 more to push me over the edge.... :)

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/7/20 3:26 p.m.

In for $300 and no recoup

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
3/7/20 3:49 p.m.

I'll agree. $300 and no recoup left. 

Please remove this from the for sale section before I try and do something that'll leave me staying in the dog house.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OiFg2Lc1BtPkXvNL2OR5oLfWkgrsW3WHEIb1T60lAOSPJnxpOGLCmRjQjCTASKMU