SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/11/19 10:08 p.m.

I'm not bringing a car this year.  I MAY be willing to bring a car trailer! wink

In past years, there have always been cars at the Challenge which were for sale, or open to negotiations.  So who's bringing a car to the Challenge they may be willing to sell?

Always interested!

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/19 7:03 a.m.

My car will be available. It is not going to be competitive. 2004 Solara 4cyl 5spd, no real mods.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/12/19 8:44 a.m.

I could be convinced to sell either of my cars as usual...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/12/19 8:56 a.m.

I’m planning on bringing my title, but would only entertain possible trades.  I need a vehicle to drive back home.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/12/19 9:07 a.m.

Nope. Nopey nope nopes. How else am I going to get a challenge car to One Lap? 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/12/19 9:14 a.m.

If I remember to bring the title...the Space Probe will be available for trade negotiations. (Not that anybody will want it)

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/12/19 9:34 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

I’m planning on bringing my title, but would only entertain possible trades.  I need a vehicle to drive back home.

Hertz will get you a ride home.  Just know that one-way rentals are more expensive than typical $29.99 per day local rentals.  Expect a cheap car to be more like $120 per day.   Also, don't just show up at the counter asking for a one-way.  This is a sure recipe for them to smell your desperation and really smack you with a high price.  Just take a minute to log onto their website and make a reservation before reaching the counter.  

PS: I have driven rental cars home from The Challenge on two occasions.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/12/19 10:56 a.m.
John Welsh said:
eastsideTim said:

Hertz will get you a ride home.  Just know that one-way rentals are more expensive than typical $29.99 per day local rentals.  Expect a cheap car to be more like $120 per day.   Also, don't just show up at the counter asking for a one-way.  This is a sure recipe for them to smell your desperation and really smack you with a high price.  Just take a minute to log onto their website and make a reservation before reaching the counter.  

PS: I have driven rental cars home from The Challenge on two occasions.  

If I give up the S10, I’ll want something I’m interested in to replace it, unless someone offers way more than it is worth smiley

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/15/19 12:05 p.m.

there is only 1 car i would trade my notchback for and that is a datsun lol. otherwise someone would have to pay me something i couldnt refuse lol.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
10/15/19 4:56 p.m.

How about something a little off the main stream......

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2437366696590105/

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/15/19 5:35 p.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

Is that a trade offer for Datsaniti? ...might bring my title...

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/15/19 5:56 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Your car is cool but i really want a 280 lol

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/16/19 11:39 a.m.

Possibly the 1991 CRX in this thread. I'd like to see it at a challenge again; the parts are there, but it needs development time. Sale contingent on how much fun I have this year.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/2018-challenge-build-1991-honda-crx/142407/page1/

PM me for details-it would come with some scraps and spares.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/16/19 12:12 p.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:

Possibly the 1991 CRX in this thread. I'd like to see it at a challenge again; the parts are there, but it needs development time. Sale contingent on how much fun I have this year.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/2018-challenge-build-1991-honda-crx/142407/page1/

PM me for details-it would come with some scraps and spares.

Just read through your build thread. that thing is SWEET!

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/16/19 4:51 p.m.

Challenge car, daily driver, Wayne's truck, my shoes, my dignity...make an offer. Worst I can say is "Go berkeley yourself, Collinsworth."

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/17/19 10:35 a.m.
poopshovel again said:

Challenge car, daily driver, Wayne's truck, my shoes, my dignity...make an offer. Worst I can say is "Go berkeley yourself, Collinsworth."

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/19 1:34 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

Wait, are you coming to the Challenge this year???

skippyman
skippyman
10/18/19 8:49 a.m.

Hello everyone.

This will be my first challenge event and yes I will be bringing the title. It's a 2003 Sentra SER Spec V.

No hope of winning anything but plan on having a great time. It sure would be nice to tow an empty dolly home.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/22/19 3:59 p.m.

Title for the SHO showed up today. I'll pack it for the trip, just in case wink

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/27/19 7:35 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

im starting to think i should have made this trade now... congrats again, excellent job. 

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
10/27/19 7:44 p.m.

^ in a way you traded for a Datsun just a far far far less cool one than anticipated 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/27/19 8:45 p.m.

Completely unexpected but also unsurprising, we sold ours Friday night 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/27/19 8:48 p.m.
Patrick said:

Completely unexpected but also unsurprising, we sold ours Friday night 

im happy you Sold the car...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork