Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/9/15 10:35 a.m.

I just bought an 87 Mercedes 560 SEC and am looking for some gold basket weave style BBS wheels for it. A set of 8x16 is fine, but a staggered set with slightly wider rears would be even better. I would also consider 17s, but am trying for a more period correct look here. Please let me know what you have. I'm in middle TN.

I do have some staggered 18s 5x112 I'd be willing to trade if you'd prefer a trade as opposed to outright purchase.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/11/15 6:43 p.m.

Bump. I'll take any color...doesn't have to be gold.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
11/11/15 8:47 p.m.

They won't come cheap

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78540

Hope you find some, BBS and Pentas look the best on coupes.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/11/15 9:52 p.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

Thanks. It's amazing how much these are going for now. My coupe came with a receipt where they had put a new set of gold BBS wheels on it for $400 in 87 lol. It has some 18s on it now, but I don't really like them.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I didn't even think about checking stanceworks.

Expire
Expire New Reader
11/13/15 11:11 a.m.

The cheapest basketweave I can think of from BBS would be the RC 090? (I think) commonly referred to as the BBS "Style 5". They're usually chrome lips/barrels and gold faces. They look like the BMW Style5 that came on some e28s, just multipiece. I've seen these bought for as low as $600 for the set.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
11/13/15 11:16 a.m.

That would require a redrill, the 5x112 version of the RC never came to the states and those are 17" as well. I think in 16" RA may be easier to find than RS in a decent price range. I'm keeping my eyes open for you though.

Expire
Expire New Reader
11/13/15 12:02 p.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

I forgot to mention he would need adapters or a redrill, wasn't sure on the size.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
11/13/15 12:41 p.m.

Let me know what you do with the stock wheels.

E; I am an idiot, I see it doesn't have the stock wheels.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
11/13/15 3:19 p.m.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78655

These were made by BBS for Lorinser, they would fit that car really well!

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/13/15 7:08 p.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

Dam those are sexy. Those may be the ones. Im going look for pics of them mounted on a coupe to push me over the edge.

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
11/13/15 7:51 p.m.

You want to reach out to Fonzi. He would be the most knowledgeable person to talk to about 5x112 in the correct offset.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-wanted-trade-giveaway/1667745-vintage-wheels-hubcaps-bbs-pentas-lorinser.html

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/13/15 10:56 p.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78655 These were made by BBS for Lorinser, they would fit that car really well!

I joined stanceworks and sent a pm on these. Hopefully I can make it work out.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/14/15 5:06 a.m.

Don't be afraid to buy wheels from some of the European guys on SW. They usually have great deals even with shipping.

Also, Fonzi is the man.

And additionally, I'm parting out a clean 88 560SEC.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/14/15 5:21 a.m.
yupididit wrote: Don't be afraid to buy wheels from some of the European guys on SW. They usually have great deals even with shipping. Also, Fonzi is the man. And additionally, I'm parting out a clean 88 560SEC.

Do you have a nice grill? Mine has been cracked and repaired and looks okay, but I'd like a better one.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/14/15 5:24 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78655 These were made by BBS for Lorinser, they would fit that car really well!

So I ended up making a deal on theses and pulling the trigger late last night. Being 9s/10s is what really made up my mind. I think they'll look great. I still hope to pick up a full set of 16x8 basketweaves eventually, but no rush now. Anyway, thanks for the link!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/14/15 5:34 a.m.

In reply to Cotton:

I sure dont! I have the grill surround piece.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
11/14/15 6:31 a.m.

Yes! If you don't mind tell him I sent you. He and I trade back and forth a bit. Those are going to look unbelievable on your car!

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/14/15 9:45 a.m.
yupididit wrote: In reply to Cotton: I sure dont! I have the grill surround piece.

I also need some parts for the seatbelt system on the drivers side. The little arm that pushed the seatbelt holder forward and back doesn't work anymore but you can hear it trying. I'll pull it apart and see what's going on then will PM you and see if you have what I need.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/14/15 9:46 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: Yes! If you don't mind tell him I sent you. He and I trade back and forth a bit. Those are going to look unbelievable on your car!

Will do. Thanks again for finding them. I'll post before and after pics.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O1pLsOmWXXcgRHQdzpDdZ7eoMqhnwBpoOro0FRXlhhuwPtfrs1UTf0XuDNT8GE5D