green127045
green127045
7/22/13 7:15 a.m.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/3949014656.html

green127045
green127045 New Reader
7/22/13 7:17 a.m.

1968 Mustang Coupe

I am selling my project that I have lost interest in. It's rust free and the undercarriage and trunk have been coated with Satin Black POR 15. The car came from the factory with a 289, but a 302 motor has been installed, by somebody else. Motor DOESN'T run. The car has some unknown automatic transmission, but the orginal manual pedal set installed. Don't ask me why, something the last owner did. I have a clear NC title in my name, on hand.

The whole interior needs to be replaced. Basically an excellent project without the need of doing, expensive body work!

I have 25 pictures that I can email. You better clean out your in-box, before you ask for them. :)

Over $3000 of brand new parts comes with the car and some used parts too.

Door handles (new) Tail light lenses (new) Badges (new) Mustang letters (new) Interior sheet metal, back seat panels (new) Front inner fender splash guards (new) Outside chrome trim (used) Backup lights, lenses and gaskets (new) Chrome tail light bezels (new) Drive shaft (used) Starter (used) Alternator (used) Gas tank (new and installed) 14" tires (new) Rear quarter panel professional replaced (passenger side) Rebel Mustang fiber glass hood (new) Rebel Mustang fiber glass trunk lid (new) Car cover and bag Rear glass (used) Passenger side shock tower (reconditioned) Mustang Steve front disc brakes (new) Calipers, hardware, pads and rotors Mustang Steve rear disc brakes (new) Calieprs, hardware, pads and rotors Complete set of Ford 68 Mustang repair manuals Used Holly carb with brand new rebuild kits Ford license plate holder "68 Mustang" Door glass is inside of doors, condition of door glass is unknown Aluminum mag wheels Complete set of window cranks (nice condition) Leather key fob (keys for trunk, door and interiors) Bell housing for T5 transmission (used) 351W heads with stainless steel valves, knurled guides and stock springs (about 1000 miles on these reconditioned heads) Shock tower covers (reconditioned) Pair of 2.5" mufflers (new) Flow Master Design Master cylinder (new) Proportioning valve (new) Full length Hooker headers (used) Speedo cable with white gear (used) Chrome air cleaner Past owner stated the front suspension was replaced with new parts. I never verfied this.

Call, text or email and come by to view it. 336 seven zero five 346 two

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/22/13 7:27 a.m.

Grassroots = We po.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/22/13 8:27 a.m.

Not a bad looking car for $2013.

...but if the price in the CL ad is accurate, then this is posted in the wrong forum.

The problem with that car is the price. $5K is really hard to swallow when cars like this are available all day long:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/ford/mustang/1585388.html?refer=news

...and it would take a LOT more than $13K to get there...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
7/22/13 10:06 a.m.

With no motor and transmission and more then likely a C not a A or K code that's a 2K project every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/22/13 10:16 a.m.

I see the rear 1/4's have been shaved of their reflectors, nice upgrade

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/22/13 11:41 a.m.

It may be car related, but I'm still calling canoe.

First post a link to an over priced CL ad?

Kinda tacky, dude.

I say sink it with fire.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
7/22/13 11:55 a.m.

Too much for a coupe in a basket, might be a deal at $1500-2000

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/22/13 12:22 p.m.
SVreX wrote: It may be car related, but I'm still calling canoe. I say sink it with fire.

SECOND!!!!

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
7/22/13 1:28 p.m.

Actually wasn't that bad on the price. Might have been a grand high, but it was negotiable. $1500-2k doesn't buy anything but a rusty hulk anymore in the classic Mustang realm.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
7/22/13 1:40 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Actually wasn't that bad on the price. Might have been a grand high, but it was negotiable. $1500-2k doesn't buy anything but a rusty hulk anymore in the classic Mustang realm.

I'm fully aware of that. I was just trying to be insulting.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
7/22/13 1:58 p.m.

OH OOH I can be insultive:

That car looks like a mustang.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/22/13 7:24 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Actually wasn't that bad on the price. Might have been a grand high, but it was negotiable. $1500-2k doesn't buy anything but a rusty hulk anymore in the classic Mustang realm.

Not as bad as the '69 Charger market... $5K might get you a rusty hulk with a title... Might. I've been seeing clean drivers for around $25-30K, but that's not what I'm looking for... Oh well... it'll be awhile before I have any room for one anyway.

I still think that '68 Mustang was at least $2K too much for the amount of work it needs. I've seen rolling restoration candidates for under $10K. Running, registered and drivable cars with V8's, but with some rust here and there. That car was barely above "rusty hulk" status.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
7/22/13 7:32 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Not as bad as the '69 Charger market...

Classic Mopars in general.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/22/13 7:42 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
Ian F wrote: Not as bad as the '69 Charger market...
Classic Mopars in general.

Don't get me started... when I think about how we let my mother's '71 Demon get towed off to the junkyard and I see what cars in worse shape are selling for today, it makes me cry...

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
7/22/13 10:09 p.m.

Chargers....meh.... they're too rubbed in the ground at this point, and the best looking b-bodies were the 66-67 Belvederes and Coronets anyways, and you can still get them for reasonable money

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/22/13 10:45 p.m.

There, I moved it to the correct forum.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/23/13 7:27 a.m.
Aeromoto wrote: Chargers....meh.... they're too rubbed in the ground at this point, and the best looking b-bodies were the 66-67 Belvederes and Coronets anyways, and you can still get them for reasonable money

Unfortunately, I'm a child of the 70's & 80's... and a resto-mod General Lee replica built for rally-cross out of anything but a '69 Charger just won't do.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y5VW5jJWtorhzaSQmCTNAqq3x3Jlk5zvkCU3B0Q8l9d76YtleEctcMAaAE1uo9E9