1 2
sporqster
sporqster Reader
10/9/13 4:29 p.m.

Posting this for a good friend of mine, local to me and 16VCorey. I know Charlie has put a lot of work into this vee, could be a great deal for someone.

After hanging onto it for six years, I have found myself in a position where I need to sell my Formula Vee. I am moving (locally) and will no longer be able to store it, and in my current situation I could also use the cash.

The car has been local for its entire existence and has been owned throughout by members of the Southern Indiana Region. Mike Freeman is very familiar with the history of this car and I'm sure would be willing to fill in those interested in its pedigree.

Since I have owned it I have rebuilt several things on it, including the brakes, wiring, fuel system and safety gear, with autocrossing in mind. It has a 1600cc engine which I have all the parts except a bearing kit to rebuild. Included with the car are all the parts I have for it, many of which are brand new:

(2) AFCO 38-series double-adjustable shocks Kirkey stock car seat Impact 5-point harness Braille Battery (new and never connected) JAZ fuel cell Gear reduction starter from SR Racing New pistons/jugs for 1600 engine New heads for 1600 engine Dellorto DRLA 36mm carb and matching intake (recently rebuilt by Mark's Metric) Assortment of original parts, spare parts, etc which came with the car when I bought it

The car could be restored to its original condition for the purpose of vintage racing or to preserve as a vintage race car, and as my own research has uncovered, it is a fairly rare car to do so with. However, in the interest of full disclosure I do not believe the collection of parts I have for the car includes a complete set of original parts.

I am asking $2000 or best offer. I have a homebuilt (open) trailer that I bought with the car which is included in the price, but I am willing to separate.

Feel free to respond to this email at hendo_solo_vee at yahoo.com or call or text 270-860-1228 if you are interested.

Thanks,

Charlie Posey .,_.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/9/13 5:14 p.m.

Crap crap crap. I think I want this but it's really the wrong time. Oh man this is going to torture me tonight. Want want want.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/9/13 5:22 p.m.

Neither the time nor the place, I'm afraid...

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
10/9/13 8:05 p.m.

Why do the deals have to be so far away. GLWS

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
10/10/13 7:52 a.m.

Holy crap, that's a deal!

GLWS!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
10/10/13 8:14 a.m.

I'm not even sure I would fit in that and I still want it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/10/13 8:26 a.m.

Someone please buy this. I need a rallycross car and this is not a rallycross car. It would be so much fun.........

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/13 8:42 a.m.

Damn this lives much to close to me.. Wanna trade for KT100 kart + cash?

nocones
10/10/13 8:45 a.m.

Does it have a logbook? What would it take (Other than the obvious 1200cc engine and narrow tires) to potentially use it on a road course? Also what is the price with no trailer?

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
10/10/13 8:46 a.m.

wow

what a deal

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/10/13 9:03 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Ever hear of a baja bug?

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
10/10/13 2:00 p.m.
nocones wrote: Does it have a logbook? What would it take (Other than the obvious 1200cc engine and narrow tires) to potentially use it on a road course? Also what is the price with no trailer?

I'm also a friend of the seller, so I'll do my best to answer. I'm going to say no on the logbook. I believe it's pretty much always been an auto-x'er, and hasn't been run in probably 20 years. The engine turns over but the valve covers got water in them and rusted the rocker arms, but I believe it comes with new heads. Here's a photo album of a bunch of pics of it, but I'm not sure if it's set to public, so I apologize if you can't view it. https://www.facebook.com/charlie.posey.7/media_set?set=a.2264285001402.2126340.1076811171&type=3

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/10/13 2:12 p.m.

What make and model is the chassis?

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
10/10/13 2:46 p.m.

It's a 1964 Kellison-Crusader.

nocones
10/10/13 3:15 p.m.

Its so cool. But I really don't need more things right now.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/13 8:17 a.m.

corvair engine plus flipped ring gear = maximum win

slefain
slefain UltraDork
10/11/13 8:48 a.m.

Hmmm, what is the bare minimum needed to get that road legal?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
10/11/13 4:29 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: subaru engine plus kennedy adapter kit = maximum win

FTFY

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
10/11/13 4:31 p.m.
slefain wrote: Hmmm, what is the bare minimum needed to get that road legal?

a state with extraordinarily lax registration laws.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/11/13 5:00 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: I'm not even sure I would fit in that and I still want it.

I know I wouldn't fit in that, and I still want it.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/13 5:19 p.m.

In a sense I'm glad that I'm far away. Been thinking about getting a "proper" race car and that would fit the bill...

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/11/13 10:08 p.m.

The frame design looks similar to the first generation Crusader. The body is not Crusader so it must be Kellison.

nocones
10/14/13 11:00 a.m.

This has sold and he is not desperate to lower the price yet right?

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
10/14/13 2:03 p.m.

As far as I know, it has not sold yet. Charlie (the car's owner) is not on here, and Chris (sporqster) and I are both friends of his. He might take less, so send him an offer. His email and phone number is in the original post.

golftdibrad
golftdibrad New Reader
3/8/18 8:27 p.m.

Worst lurker ever here, but me and a buddy just bought this thing last week from the guy this guy sold it too.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hexZI9vWPamqceM7C6qBJWc8Pjbul1AySser8wSXz2JuVrsGKKDxOH8jjAN5mRkt