Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/3/15 3:41 p.m.

NMNA

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4891600522.html

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/cto/4901073124.html

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
3/3/15 5:27 p.m.

What ever happened to the rear engined charger project that someone here was building?

dorri732
dorri732 Reader
3/3/15 5:44 p.m.

I'm confused. Those are both Daytonas, and one is a '92. I don't understand this post title.

ronholm
ronholm Dork
3/3/15 6:11 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: What ever happened to the rear engined charger project that someone here was building?

That guy was an idiot... and a quitter.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/3/15 8:24 p.m.

Mea Culpa, I got confused. I was looking for "Charger Daytona" and these popped up.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
3/3/15 8:27 p.m.
ronholm wrote:
HappyAndy wrote: What ever happened to the rear engined charger project that someone here was building?

I was really hoping that he wasn't a quitter. That was an interesting build.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
3/3/15 9:31 p.m.
ronholm wrote:

Maybe , but he sure was ambitious, and seemed to have a plausible plan & impressive collection of parts.

ronholm
ronholm Dork
3/3/15 11:24 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

Ya... The whole idea was Challenge... But then the budget for how I really wanted to do it started to get in the way... Then at that point it made more sense to just tube frame.. And yeah... Don't worry, most of the cool parts have found good homes..

I learned a lot tinkering around with it.. had fun.. maybe someday.. The trouble is I really, really go into racing my Hobie Cat... It is SSSOOOOO much fun.. As a matter of fact tonight I was welding up fully powered moving/tilting platform for an old boat so I can teach and train lots of different things right in my backyard..

It is so bad, I have my childhood dream sandrail sitting in the shop. 2.2 VNT powered, 3x3's ect... I drove it around the block.. Pulled it in the shop to redo some of the wiring and put the final touches on it.. It has sat there now for a year.. sailing took all the time..

Oh well.. I am having lots of fun.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zU1e8DTcVUWJvcE7ChhiS8uBHFPlV7bKXafw05isaa5lcsXe2E9Yu8wCLasuzmX3