nedc
nedc New Reader
7/10/14 7:51 p.m.

Looking to see if there is any interest in my white 93 740i. I'm not positive I want to sell, but I'm afraid it will continue to sit and I will lose interest in it. 205,000 miles and runs and looks great but has a problem w/ blowing trans fluid out the vent and I finally just parked it a few months ago and bought an old Volvo turbo to drive until I decide if I want to fix it or not. I've put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this car over the few years I've owned it and it shows. I'll let the pics do the talking. If anyone is interested for say $1500, let me know. Upgraded ipod compatible CD player, trailer hitch, great interior, new valve body in trans (helped but didn't completely stop the issue), etc. Tool kit even has the original blue towel! E38 wheels and Conti DWS w/ low miles. Trans shifts fine-on full throttle runs it shifts like buttah. located in Manning, SC.  photo BMWexterior3.jpg  photo BMWexterior4.jpg Leather is very good photo BMWinterior5.jpg  photo BMWengine.jpg aftermarket CD player photo BMWinterior1.jpg  photo BMWiexterior2.jpg

ryanty22
ryanty22 Dork
7/11/14 5:07 p.m.

Thats a sweet BMW. wonder what kind of trouble to convert to 3 pedal?

nedc
nedc Reader
7/9/18 11:27 a.m.

I have decided again to put this car up for sale...weirdly, it was almost 4 yrs. ago to the day when I posted this ad. Car now has 210K miles on it, so I've driven it about 1K miles a year. I do drive it about once a week...just not very far. Since the original ad, I drilled out the trans drain/fill plug and made a dipstick tube, so if it does blow out any fluid it can be easily replaced. Really, if you don't take it on any extended 80+ mph interstate runs it doesn't lose any fluid. Engine is a smooth running beast and the M60 has none of the timing chain issues the later M62 does. Uses no oil at all, really a great running car with ice cold ac, cruise, power mirrors/seats/sunroof. I have taken possession of my daughter's E46 which needs lots of TLC, so I need to thin the herd. If you know anyone who needs a cheap, comfortable, reliable car, send 'em my way. Still $1500 and very much worth it i think.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kJRinBjvNEEbiXq72QMwmXXst2KE5df4lkePlplYShD7U8m5ZsRDMpoEtaBmT4Zg