914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/10/11 2:11 p.m.

http://blog.timesunion.com/crime/colonie-guitar-thief-hits-sour-note-with-craigslist-post/9148/

Police said a victim helped solve his own crime after he found his stolen guitar posted on Craigslist and arranged to buy it.Police said the 19-year-old victim called the phone number posted on Craigslist and set a sale price of $150 for the red bass guitar originally purchased for $950. The victim met with the suspect at 20 Delatour Road, police said, and police arrived a short time later.

Police identified the serial number on the guitar as that reported stolen and arrested Brian K. Morrison, 29, of Lake Shore Drive B5 apartment 1.

Morrison was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. He was released with an appearance ticket and is due in Colonie Town Court on Wednesday at 6 p.m.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) Dork
7/1/20 8:25 p.m.

There is actually a "Best of Craigslist." Approach at your own risk.

For example: I have a mastiff with a problem--I fear for my life

I couldn't keep this jewel to myself, I had to share. ANYBODY that has owned a dog will understand.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/1/20 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve (FS) :

140 lbs to cause that...pffft. We had a 14 lb cat that would clear a 20' x 24' room with the "silent but deadly" gas attack. She would climb up on the couch & settle in next to my wife, hang out getting rubbed for a while,  let one go, then get up & jump off the couch. About 2 seconds later my wife would start choking & within 30 seconds I would be getting up to leave the room. I was usually at least 15' away. Luckily after a year or so she stopped trying to kill us...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/2/20 1:13 a.m.

1999 Corolla - fine AF

Brutally honest depiction of the Rolla as we know it.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) Dork
7/2/20 8:00 a.m.
Appleseed said:

1999 Corolla - fine AF

Brutally honest depiction of the Rolla as we know it.

Wow. Just Wow.

I'm still chuckling as I type this.

I want a 1999 Toyta Corolla, who knew?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
alsKPa0Wkbf6AuY5uNDjz8bOW71CCZpBLI2A9jAiYgaEjtrNRuq9omweiLkTVRBa