volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
2/25/16 8:12 a.m.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5457940941.html

These cars have a well documented racing pedigree.

The engine is not a 351 Windsor; more likely it's a 351M or possibly one of the last Clevelands to roll down the assembly line. Either way, a 460 is cheap and drops right in (it'll bolt up to the C6 as is).

volvoclearinghouse
2/25/16 11:29 a.m.

I bet if you waved 5 bills in the seller's face he'd sign the title over.

volvoclearinghouse
2/26/16 1:06 p.m.

Man, after all the land barge love I'd seen here lately I thought you guys would go bonkers for this.

crickets

Disclaimer: I don't know the seller, don't have a dog in this. Just would love for someone else to grab this old beast and turn it into a really cool project, LeMons, Challenge, or just a driver. There's lots of potential here. After 5+ years of wrenching on our LeMons LTD of this vintage, they really are much less terrible than you'd expect.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/26/16 2:22 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: The engine is not a 351 Windsor; more likely it's a 351M or possibly one of the last Clevelands to roll down the assembly line. Either way, a 460 is cheap and drops right in (it'll bolt up to the C6 as is).

That'd definitely be a 351M, as the Cleveland was done in '74.

PushrodRWD
PushrodRWD New Reader
2/26/16 3:38 p.m.

I'll show a little love. This is a decent family sedan for the time. I would rather drive it across country (this country, not some place smaller than a mid-sized county in Texas) than anything out of Japan and almost anything out of Europe (that a working class family could afford), at that time.

For that kind of money you could make a great daily driver or beater out of this. All you need is a set of basic hand tools and you could keep it running for a few more decades.

If the brakes fail wedge a Miata under the bumper to disipate the energy. Go home and use some rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to get the stain off your chrome bumper.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pyAA6TZG3NFothlUyWCNzMNrjE6qnSzXHCVyxP5QDRwdUNY0SWdpAruXw8cWAx4H