rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/14 1:56 p.m.

found in a search spurred by the 530i in here. I don't see these for sale very often at all. Might be some rare parts. I hear the crank is excellent for gas builds...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4809617713.html

Up for sale is this BMW 524TD . The car runs and drives great but needs work the engine is in excellent condition and starts right up eaven in really cold weather . It has new glow plugs new coolant hoses new fuel filter new thermostat . The engine does not leak or overheat , it has good power and the tranny shifts ok but if it is cold you have to warm it up before you drive it otherwise it won't shift out of first gear only after a mile or so, I might replace the filter and change oil in the tranny soon to see if it will improve. The car needs front pass. strut and brakes are good it has new discs and pads on the front. The odometer shows 82000 miles but the speedometer does not work so true miles are not known but judging from the way it starts and runs I don't think it has a lot of miles. The body has rust on the sunroof panel and some bubbling,and the sunroof is not working so I sealed it shut , on the lower extremities I did not see any rust , this car came from the south.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Reader
12/18/14 2:52 p.m.

Sealed shut sunroof is a nice touch....

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/18/14 3:11 p.m.

The trans sounds like a winner, too.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/18/14 3:14 p.m.

If someone here decides to buy it and part it out, I call dibs on the exhaust manifold.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/14 3:39 p.m.

apparently this engine/trans combo is also available in the Lincoln Continentals of the time.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Reader
12/18/14 3:45 p.m.

It was also used in some smaller motorhomes. Go figure.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YOwB2QU2p1G8UdUFniFeTHUxBKNhg5Pw6Go3YB8UvIEqhiVT6fVqB5Y004K57HeZ