1 2
DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
12/22/10 3:11 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: Why does everyone want to swap an LS engine into cars it would make totally useless? lol If I got that it would get an isuzu turbo engine most likely, which would probably fit without cutting/welding anything. IMO, if you have to actually modify the shell of the car, in most cases you either have the wrong car or the wrong engine. Not always though.

I kinda halfway understand the details would render it tough, honest. It is a very easy to find engine, however. I thought "TurboDiesel" for a second, but can't think of one that'd fit and wouldn't ruin the weight balance; the 4bt Cummns seems to weigh about 700 pounds. I like the TurboEcotech, however.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
12/22/10 5:36 p.m.

Other than the back glass, everything comes from a 4 door Chevette or Isuzu.There were even some diesel Chevettes, but that would be pretty slow.

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
12/23/10 3:07 a.m.

VW TDI would fit, if you like throwing thousand and thousands of dollars in maintaince parts at your engine all the time. lol

CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
12/23/10 7:03 p.m.

Sweet Jebus that's awesome! I want it in a bad way, good thing it's too friggen far away.

erohslc
erohslc Reader
12/24/10 1:09 p.m.

Rear glass appears to be flat, if so, 'no problemo'. Aren't there some hot Isuzu drivetrain and suspension bits that bolt right in?

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
12/24/10 1:19 p.m.

Look at the reaction here. I think we all like it--that's rare--also rare is a small (was going to use caps, but, oxymoronical) pickup for just doing things WE used to do with small pickups. And, the Chevette sold in the US, DID have a diesel engine option. God it was slow, but good mileage! We all don't need Tundras and dualies....aaggghhhh. GM, get a clue. someone has: Mahindra is trying to get one into the US, as are the various Chinese auto makers.

Maybe when gas stays at $4.50/gal, they'll get the hint. We now return to our normal operation....

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
12/24/10 2:03 p.m.
erohslc wrote: Rear glass appears to be flat, if so, 'no problemo'. Aren't there some hot Isuzu drivetrain and suspension bits that bolt right in?

Just Google "Chevette 2300 HSR" and get out your credit card and you can build a pretty hot Chevette or Isuzu/Buick Opel.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/10 2:47 p.m.

i am right by flint today but about $700 short. who needs a kidney?

i vote drivetrain from sky redline/solstice gxp

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
12/25/10 9:54 p.m.
patgizz wrote: i vote drivetrain from sky redline/solstice gxp

You're not the only one with that thought.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
12/26/10 9:02 a.m.

isuzu impulse drivetrain. the RWD version shared its setup with the shivette, but not the 2.3 turbo motor or the 2.6 NA motor which can be combined to make a 2.6 turbo motor fairly easily. also the impulse turbo was tuned by lotus on the suspension.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e0PuTfJ4o1hVOXzfE1EpZpoECPwxdySkCkXmvjFGYsVwkEJbglxflgwsce7aqa2Y