1 2
dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/11/13 7:42 p.m.

This is mine and I am affiliated.

I've realized that I don't have time to get this car prepped for this year's event. I'll be there to spectate, but would like to sell the car to someone who can improve on the car's 8th place finish in $2011.

Here is the previous FS thread: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/fs-20082010-challenge-turbo-miata-2011/32783/page1/

And I'll post more details as I can dig them up. The car looks just like it did for the $2011 event. Here is a good shot:

More photos here: http://s170.photobucket.com/user/tuckerryals/library/2011%20GRM%20Challenge%20car?sort=3&page=1

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
8/11/13 7:52 p.m.

Wow Smokin' deal

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
8/11/13 8:04 p.m.

Yep, 8th place on a zero degree camber, old Hoosier road race compound Hoosier, non wet sanded, lots of tuning beautifying and lightening left car. Align it, wet sand it, gut the doors and bumpers, put on fresh tires and it should realistically crack top 5. BTW-that brand new for the $2011 contest hard dog bar is budget exempt.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
8/11/13 8:18 p.m.

I don't have a photo of the pumpkin theme, but I thought that was pretty clever.

dyintorace
8/11/13 8:24 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Yep, 8th place on a zero degree camber, old Hoosier road race compound Hoosier, non wet sanded, lots of tuning beautifying and lightening left car. Align it, wet sand it, gut the doors and bumpers, put on fresh tires and it should realistically crack top 5. BTW-that brand new for the $2011 contest hard dog bar is budget exempt.

Good point! With separate receipts, the purchase price of the car will be comfortably below the $2013 limit. Between that and the "free" tire rule, there is plenty of money to spend on upgrades.

Joey - Thanks for the added photos. We came up with the pumpkin theme pretty late, and christened the car "Mumpkin" as a result.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
8/11/13 10:10 p.m.

Sorry if this was answered in one of the previous posts, but do you have a title for it?

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
8/11/13 10:13 p.m.

Also, what version of megasquirt does this have (I assume it's a megasquirt 1, but is it a V2.2 or V3.0 board)?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
8/11/13 10:39 p.m.
JohnyHachi6 wrote: Sorry if this was answered in one of the previous posts, but do you have a title for it?

Yes on the title.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
8/11/13 10:41 p.m.
JohnyHachi6 wrote: Also, what version of megasquirt does this have (I assume it's a megasquirt 1, but is it a V2.2 or V3.0 board)?

Not sure, it's been awhile since the megasquirt went in. Why do you ask?

beans
beans HalfDork
8/12/13 8:36 a.m.

Pending more details, I'll be fairly interested. I'd put off my engine build in my DD until spring to pick this up mid-September. I passed on a not-as-clean/sorted trub0 Miata earlier this year for more $.

Who should I PM? Mr. Josh or the OP?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
8/12/13 9:09 a.m.

OP. Was mine, now his.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/12/13 9:12 a.m.

OP, MrJoshua and myself had hands in building this thing. The OP is the current owner. I had hoped it would be mine by the end of the month, but I needed to make the choice of another miata or a house. It's been fun watching this thing go from barely running pig rich to the beast it is now. It's a forged bottom end and a bigger turbo away from being a true monster, the fuel system is more than capable of supporting 300+ at the wheels. (550cc injectors, walboro 255, C5 FPR/filter)

jsymonds
jsymonds New Reader
8/12/13 11:23 a.m.

@#%$. Dibs? Second dibs?

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
8/12/13 11:24 a.m.

In reply to jsymonds:

Lol, Josh. How many Miatas do you need? Guess it's my fault for telling you, huh?

Spinout007
8/12/13 11:40 a.m.

If any of you are trying to get in touch with the OP be patient. He travels a TON for work.

jsymonds
jsymonds New Reader
8/12/13 1:52 p.m.

I only need one Miata...it just has to be a daily-driveable turbo race Miata that costs less than $2013

I will definitely be unloading at least one of them to make room for this one. And, really, by GRM standards I'm practically a pedestrian!

Spinout007
8/12/13 2:08 p.m.

You would need to replace some parts on this one to make it a DD. But that was my plan for it. I promised SWMBO the next miata would be hers.

jsymonds
jsymonds New Reader
8/12/13 2:51 p.m.

Spinout007: Yes, I expect so. But that's what the other two are for!

The cheap car racing experience I've had has taught me that reliability is key. I'd get the car dailyable, and then go back on the race diet before competition once all the tricky things are sorted out. I don't have my own tow rig, so driving to the track (even if it's a state or two away) is a goal as well.

jsymonds
jsymonds New Reader
8/12/13 2:52 p.m.

Although, since you bring it up, which parts do you think top that list?

Spinout007
8/12/13 3:15 p.m.

Suspension, headlights. Good to go. Though, if you can handle the springrate on the street. Just headlights. I planed on carpet, seats and door panels as well.

jsymonds
jsymonds New Reader
8/12/13 3:53 p.m.

That's what I wanted to hear! That, and one of those chipmunk-with-a-cold blow off valves. Just to get it out of my system.

Spinout007
8/12/13 4:03 p.m.

Personally I'm a fan of BOV. And with the Duck Dynasty rage, no one will think twice about it.

dyintorace
8/12/13 4:25 p.m.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Traveling today. Thanks to Josh and Gene for chiming in!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
8/12/13 4:26 p.m.

You might want a bit more muffler for a street car as well. 8)

Spinout007
8/12/13 4:32 p.m.

Turbochargers aren't mufflers?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f6P7drG5o6nuUrOaW8EX9vATpF9CZQTZ8v4laEQXGSJ6GLS68gZ5Sl9rw4lE0AyL