aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
1/27/09 2:03 p.m.

1987 Chevy aluminum-body G30 StepVan formerly owned by the FDNY. Still has part of the FDNY markings on it ("Unit 512") and was owned by the department during 9/11. 350 V8 with automatic. About 140,000 miles. Good overall condition. Doesn't burn or leak oil. Trans shifts well. Good tires. Good brakes. Recent battery. Single rear wheels. Has slight exhaust manifold gasket leak. Not real loud but needs gasket. Small "BB" stone mark in one of the front windshields (it has split windshield). Passed inspection with this mark in the past. Back bumper is bit bent up but not terrible. Perfect vehicle for small business or race car support. We've driven it to Ontario twice (Shannonville) and out to Pittsburgh Vintage GP twice as well. And many other places towing a small race car. Has slide up rear door (it's kind of sticky to lift up). HUGE inside! Great fun to drive along in the Summer with the doors open. You feel like the UPS guy! I put a Chevy bench seat in it for comfort, but I still have the original "barstool" seats too. $1975

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones New Reader
1/27/09 4:21 p.m.

I see more miata than step van in that pic. :)

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
1/28/09 12:09 p.m.

Yeah, those were pretty crappy pictures

Here's a few better ones......

alex
alex Reader
2/14/09 4:55 p.m.

I'm assuming engine access is... interesting, yes?

And, really, honestly, how is it to drive long distances? And here's a funny question: gas mileage?

These boxes always get my wheels turning. It's a blank canvas for all your loony ideas!

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
2/15/09 7:30 a.m.

Note: I'm dropping the price: I'd like $1700 but cash talks.

Engine access isn't bad......waaay easier than the V6 in my mini-van. There's a big fiberglass "lid" that comes off on the inside of the cab to get to the rear of the engine (spark plugs, etc).

Driving to Shannonville, Ontario from NJ we got an honest 12 mpg. Around town, it's more like 10 mpg. 350 gas engine with 3-speed automatic.

For "air conditioning", just drive with the doors slid back.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2WcpPAMByEkrAgiUGivJGlV9pMkjElzBYWPGXjEphvabTZY4JW4LYWkvkMx6V3nM