panamracer
panamracer New Reader
4/26/15 8:55 p.m.

I've got a 67 122 Wagon that I need paperwork for; it's been sitting since 1989.

I was hoping someone out there might have a parts car with paperwork, or know a way to get paperwork done.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks, Mike 815-714-4309

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
4/27/15 7:39 a.m.

Can of worms officially opened

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
4/27/15 8:27 a.m.

I don't know about Illinois, but in Michigan there's a form to fill out and send tothe DMV along with a bill of sale and copies of something indicating a value. They run the VIN to look for thefts and then issue a new title.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
4/27/15 8:31 a.m.

You have to check with your state. Some states are easier than others and SC isn't easy at all. Or use one the title services, which some question as to the legality.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/15 9:09 a.m.

Maine.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
4/27/15 12:08 p.m.

Woody! SHHHH, thats our New England secret. Your going to ruin it for everyone. My go to guy in Maine is a minister.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
4/27/15 1:49 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

That's called a bonded title.

panamracer
panamracer New Reader
4/28/15 5:39 p.m.

Thanks Guys! I'll look into it. I don't have any bill of sale for it as it was on the property of a foreclosed house we bought last year.

So, that's why I'm on here.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
4/28/15 6:18 p.m.

Ok then. Check into seeing if you can get a title through a lien for storage costs. It's going to take some time and effort, but you can end up with a legit title.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/15 8:10 p.m.
tr8todd wrote: Woody! SHHHH, thats our New England secret. Your going to ruin it for everyone. My go to guy in Maine is a minister.

Whoops, sorry...not Maine.

bentwrench
bentwrench HalfDork
4/28/15 9:19 p.m.

The serial number plate is held on with 4 screws....

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
4/28/15 10:17 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench:

Not that I haven't committed a fair amount of my own, but I'm pretty sure that is a felony in most states.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
4/29/15 7:28 a.m.

it's all fun and games until someone commits a felony...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
4/29/15 7:36 a.m.
panamracer wrote: Thanks Guys! I'll look into it. I don't have any bill of sale for it as it was on the property of a foreclosed house we bought last year. So, that's why I'm on here.

Why do I never find Volvo Amazon wagons when I buy a house?

panamracer
panamracer New Reader
1/4/17 6:33 p.m.

still looking for a donor subject! No luck so far, and I don't know anyone in Maine... I'd appreciate any help, I'll buy a car if I need to

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/4/17 6:44 p.m.
Supercoupe wrote: it's all fun and games until someone snitches on someone committing a felony...

FTFY

Seriously though, call the state dmv/bmv, tell them you bought the house with the vehicle included abandoned on the property, don't tell them who you are, ask if there is protocol for taking legal ownership. They may actually be helpful

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/17 7:39 p.m.
Supercoupe wrote: it's all fun and games until someone gets caught commiting a felony...

Second opinion on FTFY.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
1/5/17 5:42 a.m.

Tennessee also has some very lenient titling laws for cars under 3000$ and more than 30 years old. There's some very cursory paperwork to fill out, and they give you a title. IF you have a friend in TN, you can sell them the car, fill out the paperwork, they can get the title, and then sell it back to you.

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
1/5/17 8:22 a.m.

Bonded title. It's pretty easy in Illinois. Seriously, just contact the Secretary of State and they will walk you through it.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
1/5/17 12:17 p.m.

Since this is the classified section for under $2017, pictures and price?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Isty4kIN76s7J7EPz98pbpcED3cqVt0G3u1OCG9akpRwdwUehIqJvR9D2G4ROsGa