1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
3/26/14 9:02 a.m.

Man, the supply of MX6's must be very light at the moment! The nice one in Memphis is still up there, I e-mailed the guy for the 5th time, still nothing. SFO, maybe your guy near Memphis can tell where the car is from the pictures and just go knock on the guys door?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/26/14 9:08 a.m.

The funny thing is.... right during the meat of your thread, i was saying to myself "holy crap there's a lot of MX6s for sale right now."

Pretty light right this moment though, yes.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
3/26/14 10:32 a.m.

The Statesville one is still for sale. What was the verdict on that one? I will be down there early next month if you need me to look at it still.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
3/26/14 8:41 p.m.

They do seem to come clumps.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
3/27/14 1:24 a.m.

In reply to ScreaminE:

I haven't been able to get ahold of that guy either. Maybe I'll try again.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/2/14 12:03 p.m.

Looks like the Statesville one is still available, the guy finally e-mailed me back. Anyone near there that could check it out? He said he was going to post some more pics on the ad later this week, but that's all he told me.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/20/14 11:27 a.m.

This is only 3 hours from me...contacted the seller via e-mail, hopefully he actually replies! I'm tired of missing out on good cars, I want to jump on this one if he sends me some more pics and it looks good. Working evenings and only having mornings free really makes buying a car difficult.

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/4430240609.html

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/20/14 11:28 a.m.

Just realized there's another one in the background of the 2nd pic...maybe I've discovered an MX-6 hotbed?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/20/14 11:40 a.m.

sethmeister4 wrote:

Just realized there's another one in the background of the 2nd pic...maybe I've discovered an MX-6 hotbed?

Possibly. The cars tend to congregate around their fans like moths to a flame, or fat kids and cake.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/20/14 11:42 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: Just realized there's another one in the background of the 2nd pic...maybe I've discovered an MX-6 hotbed?

Also...… I didn't realize you were in Australia.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/20/14 11:55 a.m.

I bet he's selling the maroon one because the silver one is nicer. Try to get the silver one.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/20/14 4:28 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
sethmeister4 wrote: Just realized there's another one in the background of the 2nd pic...maybe I've discovered an MX-6 hotbed?

Australia?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/20/14 4:30 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I bet he's selling the maroon one because the silver one is nicer. Try to get the silver one.

Haha, good point. The maroon one looks solid enough (once you turn the pictures around), so if it's decent, the price is definitely right! Maybe it has more than just "surface rust" though...

What are the most common oil leaks? Valve cover? Oil pan? Cam & crank seals?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/21/14 12:33 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Australia?

cars upside down. Clearly Australian.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/21/14 7:45 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Oh, haha...I totally missed the joke. I downloaded them and flipped them around so I could get a better look.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/21/14 7:52 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I bet he's selling the maroon one because the silver one is nicer. Try to get the silver one.
Haha, good point. The maroon one looks solid enough (once you turn the pictures around), so if it's decent, the price is definitely right! Maybe it has more than just "surface rust" though... What are the most common oil leaks? Valve cover? Oil pan? Cam & crank seals?

Well unfortunately, the "weak point" of these motors is oil leaks. Those are all common leaks. So is every other possible point.

The good news is that the only gasket that i think would be challenging at all to replace in the car would be the rear main seal, which in my experience is also the most resistant to leaking.

Oh, and entire full gasket kits can be had for under $50 on Ebay.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/21/14 8:50 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Thats not too bad. Unless the rear main was pouring out, I wouldn't sweat it until the car needed a clutch. Valve cover, cam & crank seals, oil pan, all seem pretty minor. Nothing that I don't do regularly at work. I'm hoping to hear back from the guy and maybe head down there Wednesday morning with my brother. Fingers crossed (again).

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
4/21/14 9:35 a.m.

Don't speed on 58.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/21/14 12:57 p.m.

In reply to ScreaminE:

I know. The only speeding ticket I've ever gotten was in Emporia on Hwy 58. I was going a whopping 7 mph over. But I had out of state plates (lived in GA at the time), so I was probably an easy target.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/14 1:57 p.m.

This isn't too far from me. I still want to try a rallycross in one of these.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
4/21/14 2:23 p.m.

Stock ride height is already set up for it.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/21/14 6:29 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: This isn't too far from me. I still want to try a rallycross in one of these.

Please don't steal it from me! I haven't heard back from the seller, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I hate it when they don't leave a phone number!

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
4/21/14 8:25 p.m.

Not mine, and not a '92, but here's a 1994....

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4433470116.html

$600 -- needs a new engine or the current one refreshed / put back together

Sorry. I didnt read the whole post until now.This isnt drivable now, but maybe cheap enough to "uhual tow"??

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/14 10:37 p.m.

That car has a tree growing in the engine bay. A tree, and they still want $600?

It looks to be missing pieces on the front, too.

Something tells me a V6 would also be good for rallycross. No box-flares and a tree growing in it are deal breakers, though.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/21/14 10:59 p.m.
mrwillie wrote: Not mine, and not a '92, but here's a 1994.... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4433470116.html $600 -- needs a new engine or the current one refreshed / put back together Sorry. I didnt read the whole post until now.This isnt drivable now, but maybe cheap enough to "uhual tow"??

"Engine disassembled"...haha, if that's not the understatement of the day!

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uBu1bUsdJ57evWIVlhqNAJg1ZZ69mNC08Luoh1KJn5cA92HfcDg8BqBaUlhb2ivp