1 2
sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
1/24/13 6:05 a.m.

I have a 6 spd trans for sale. It was replaced at work under warranty for some noise, but it still is usable. Maybe one of you could use it for swap for a Challenge car?
It has approx. 40k miles on it, and it is the kind with the internal slave cylinder. I can post some pics later, or just PM me if you're interested and I'll e-mail them to you.

Starting price is $250, but that is very much negotiable!

cwh
cwh PowerDork
1/24/13 3:38 p.m.

I heard that just changing to synthetic oil cures problem. It was a common problem when the cars came out, and a bunch got new trannys free.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
1/24/13 4:34 p.m.

Interesting...well it's done now and it's been sitting in my way at work for too long. I didn't diag it, just installed it, so now it's mine. Hope somebody takes it off my hands!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/24/13 5:29 p.m.

So I wonder what else that transmission could be used in?

In my limited searching I didn't see where it seemed to crossover to anything else except other Nissan/Datsun V36 chassis cars.

Too bad it isn't like the R154 used in the Toyotas, GMs, Chryslers, etc where you can swap the bellhousing to put a manual behind some interesting motors.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
1/24/13 5:32 p.m.

So it is my understanding that this will bolt to any VQ motor right? That means that you can grab any old Maxima motor and get a solid 230+ hp rwd lightish drivetrain for cheap. Nice!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
1/24/13 6:04 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

Not sure it's that simple with a FWD motor. Don't see Maxima motors turned into RWD very often, so I don't think it's as easy as it sounds. On the other hand, I will sell this thing to you cheap so you can find out!

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
1/24/13 6:14 p.m.

My wife would not be pleased. So i am out.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
1/24/13 8:44 p.m.

last I read, JWT was making an adapter plate to bolt the vq 6 speed up the ka's and sr's
if they ever came out with it, this would be awesome behind an sr! especially for the money!
If I still had the datsun this would be very heavily considered..

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/24/13 9:04 p.m.

Maxima vq's have the mounting points on the block further back than the z cars. So you have to fab mount points, and I believe iirc you have to flip the intake. Use correct flywheel and clutch and you're golden.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
1/24/13 9:08 p.m.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/newsImages/m6_trans_adaptor_kit_web.jpg

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/24/13 9:19 p.m.

Ooooooooh shiney

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
1/31/13 6:00 a.m.

No serious takers? I'd love to sell this thing ASAP in order to fund a little getaway for my wife's birthday next month. If you're interested let me know soon, otherwise I'll just take it apart and scrap it!

corytate
corytate SuperDork
1/31/13 6:28 p.m.

if you were closer Id flip it to someone with an sr swap and go pick it up=/
alas...

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
2/12/13 2:56 p.m.

Have some interest from another forum member, but if that doesn't work out, any other takers?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
5/23/13 8:31 a.m.

I'm reviving this thread cuz I still have this thing in my storage shed. I would LOVE to get rid of it and have some more cash for my 280Z project. Someone make me an offer, ANY offer, and take this off my hands! If not I'll just take it to the scrap yard.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
5/24/13 2:32 p.m.

Off to the scrap yard I guess...well, in a couple weeks when I'm back to being able to lift it. Darn hernia surgery...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
5/24/13 4:26 p.m.

That's how they get rid of the last pizza slice at my house........last piece, anyone want it? If not, it's going in the trash........(me) - oh, okay, I'll eat it.....

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
5/24/13 7:50 p.m.

Where are you located? Not that I need it, but....

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
5/25/13 7:15 a.m.

I'm in VA Beach, 23462.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
7/15/13 11:16 p.m.

This is available again, let me know if you're interested! Local pickup is preferred, shipping is pretty costly, but I would take $75 for it!

keithj
keithj New Reader
7/16/13 6:30 p.m.

Ugh. Can I send you 75.00 and pick it up sometime, or figure out shipping.

keithj
keithj New Reader
7/16/13 6:30 p.m.

within the next 90 days.

100% want this for my 210.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
7/16/13 10:58 p.m.

If you want to figure out shipping that's fine. Or you are free to come pick it up!

Here are a few pics:

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
7/20/13 7:49 a.m.

You still interested keithj?

keithj
keithj New Reader
7/20/13 11:18 a.m.

Yes can i send you money pal and pick a weekend that works for both of us?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MOPUgycwrH6Jvb4F4CGAnLY5hdnGLt0POVjJLNIxOwqjbhHm8iLAposwp3mkDEpV