dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/15/18 12:18 p.m.

This is a set of four 18x8.5 5x114.3 +40 Konig Kilogram wheels with 225/40-18 Continental Extreme Contact DW Tuned tires.

I bought this set used and ran them on my 2004 Mazda6 for street driving only. I got them cheap because the finish has some hairline flaws in it; apparently that happened while in storage with the previous owner. Unfortunately this is a car that both my wife and I drive, and she's notorious for curbing wheels - these are no exception and they are too stretched and too low profile to have taken it gracefully. So there's a set of 3 good wheels/tires and one that had a big chunk out of the aluminum and sidewall of the tire. It holds air, and I kept driving on it for a few months, but I'm not going to put them back on the car with that damaged wheel/tire. It's up to you how you make use of this set.

All four tires have good tread and grip was good, wear was good, ride quality was good.

I'm asking $150. Strictly as-is.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/15/18 12:21 p.m.

OUCH:

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/19/18 12:08 p.m.

Someone out there has to already be using these wheels on a track car.. they're light, cheap, and a decent size. Throw the tires out and you have three spare good wheels.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/19/18 12:59 p.m.

The bolt circle is 2.3mm too large for my application. I would be all over this otherwise. I'm surprised nobody's taken you up on these. Absolutely killer deal. If you need a 5x114.3 wheel, that is... E36 M3, the tires are probably worth a buck-fiddy.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/20/18 8:18 a.m.

Dang, well, I'll try a price drop then. How about $100? I want these things gone.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
11/20/18 8:37 a.m.

Great gastropod class tire

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/20/18 8:48 a.m.

$100

I'll take 'em.    Not sure how/when I will get them from you.  Luckily, I am not too far away from you but heading into busy holiday season I'm just not sure when I'll be in Delaware County.    I have a Q45 that these would work with.  

Please keep me in line unless someone else can get them out of your way quicker.  If you can store them, I'll happily pay now and get later.  Not sure when.  

jwelsh02...yahoo...

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/20/18 8:55 a.m.

John, email sent. I'm happy to hold them, just tired of the big question mark over them and late night Craigslist texts asking for delivery. ;-)

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/20/18 9:02 a.m.

Seriously someone offered to trade a "locked iphone 8 or x" for these. I clarified - did he mean locked to a cell company or locked as in he doesn't know the password? He said, I know the password, but it's a Sprint phone. Oh, I do have some I don't know the password to. OK PLEASE FORGET MY NUMBER. That's someone that's not going anywhere near my house. I had to do some quick mental work on where to meet him if he did pony up the cash, but he offered me $70 for two. Thanks but another no from me there.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/18 2:36 p.m.

I may be able to get them closer to john in a few weeks on the way home from Cincinnati.  Depends on timing and if 4 can fit in trunk of charger

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/20/18 2:44 p.m.

i really wanted these for her Forte.... but that wasn't going to happen after buying wheels for the truck.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/20/18 3:25 p.m.
Patrick said:

I may be able to get them closer to john in a few weeks on the way home from Cincinnati.  Depends on timing and if 4 can fit in trunk of charger

That would be great.  He lives not far from where I-270 meets Rt 315 in the North end of town.  North of Campus, south of Powell.  However, I bet 4 will not fit in the Charger trunk.  

If any of ya other fine Columbus Folk happen to be traveling to Kalahari Resort this holiday season that puts you about 3 miles from my house.  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/18 6:45 p.m.

We can fold the seat down, won’t have kids with us.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/20/18 6:53 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Ah, I was figuring 4 seats filled and 4 tires being too much. If just 2 seats needed then it'll fit fine. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/20/18 11:09 p.m.

Yay!

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
11/24/18 7:49 p.m.

Dang I should pay more attention to this section.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L0XidHmDBrv6T8fhveJD4ha4B9gFcesDSQ5fjYAZZnx4l3b39Zwmoj7sqkaKnpWV