RossD
RossD UltraDork
6/7/12 11:55 a.m.
Dude said: 1960 anglia made by ford? $1800o.b.o - $1800 (angelica) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 2012-05-29, 7:10AM CDT Reply to: cwsf3-3044076378@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have 1960 Anglia deluxe it has a 4 cyl with a stick 42,000 miles factory two tone interior no rips or tear and it dosent even smell like mouse piss all original including paint even has original spare tire and hub caps he only major rust on the car is the back edges of the fenders it has been run in the year but the gas tank is rusty inside so it should be cleaned last time it has been driven on the road was 1969 it been in barn storage Call Jeff @1-715-853-1717 $1800 O.bO i have many more pictures just email and i will send them to you

It's not mine and I don't know the guy but I like the car but my parking lot (driveway) is already full. So here's the ad: http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/3044076378.html

...man, my zetec wants to be bolted in this thing...

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
6/7/12 12:31 p.m.

Awsomely weird rear window. I'm used to seeing the older ones like this

RossD
RossD UltraDork
6/7/12 3:26 p.m.

You may remember it from the Harry Potter movie as the flying car.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
6/7/12 3:34 p.m.

I like how it doesn't smell like mouse piss.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
6/7/12 8:20 p.m.

Anyone know if this is like several other Euro Fords of this vintage in that it has welded on front fenders?

I haven't picked up a vintage Eurocar mag in awhile, but I suppose, even if the fenders were welded on, replacements are available...this model of Anglia was quite popular (reverse slant window and all).

RossD
RossD UltraDork
6/7/12 8:40 p.m.

In reply to integraguy:

If you search for "Anglia 105e wing replacement" you'll see that it looks like it's not a bolt on affair. However it doesn't look terrible. There are a handful of parts that carried on from the perfect thru the anglia thru to the cortina and capri. The British sites are key (burton for one).

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
6/8/12 12:03 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I like how it doesn't smell like mouse piss.

I can't help but read that in Ralph Wiggum's voice.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/8/12 4:36 p.m.

I'm thinking Ron Weasley theme car.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
6/11/12 7:58 a.m.

A guy at work emailed him. The dude sent one more picture:

44Dwarf
44Dwarf SuperDork
6/11/12 10:24 a.m.

Common rust spot leaves collect in the water tunnel and rot out the fender the big question is hows the pilar holding the door? Their was a patch panel for the fender, but no idea if you'd find one now... Look at one in a car show you'll see most folks JB weld in a screen to keep out the big bits.

GoFastr
GoFastr None
6/11/12 4:25 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

Dang, my Dad had one of these in Florida and I took it in to my high school shop class where we rebuilt the engine to learn auto mechanics. Teacher wasn't used to Euro cars and couldn't get the timing right to get it started! Must of have been something wierd with it cause they are actually German Fords. I'd love to surprise my Dad with one again, that'd be too cool!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
6/12/12 11:20 p.m.

I like how he's asking that much and no reference to Harry Potter.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VXAZ1IZZk6dQYSNBpaxZZnjcH4q5dOEkS7YCDHtxflsLNnUSMlkessMPjoFD6LQp