hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/18 3:18 p.m.

NMNA. Get your Challenge ready car here.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-austin-healey-sprite-mg/6596522189.html

Was starting the process of parting out on eBay my old 69 Sprite racecar but wanted to see if anyone is interested in purchasing it before I take it apart. It has a full roll cage, fiberglass front end, MSD ignition, race seat, American Racing wheels (with spare wheels for rain tires), competition half shafts, dual bearing hubs, 4:55 rearend with detroit locker diff, intake manifold for dual HS4 1 1/2" SU's and more. Serious inquiries only please. Will not be on here for very long before I start parting it out on eBay.

!!! I've received some emails asking a lot of the same questions so let me answer them here; the car does not run, it has been sitting in storage for 12 years, there are no carbs (they are on my Spitfire), it is a high compression 1275cc engine, the engine would require a complete teardown and rebuild, it was running when I put it in storage but I wouldn't guarantee anything after 12 years, that's why I'm selling it as a parts car for a reasonable price, it started life as a road racer but is now set up as a Solo 2 autocross car. I don't want anyone to get the impression this is a ready to race auto. With time, a lot of work and MONEY I guess it could be restored but I am just interested in selling it as a parts car to someone who enjoys these old British sports cars. It is being sold as is. !!!

Ninja edit. More text added from ad update.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
5/23/18 3:23 p.m.

I saw that on the web, looks interesting.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/23/18 3:30 p.m.

Am I missing something? That looks like an amazing deal... I mean, for someone who wouldn't literally double the price in gas round trip picking it up. Actually, I think it still might be a decent deal, at least before factoring in the temporal hit.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 3:33 p.m.

I'd take it is I can mae arrangements to get it to MD.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 3:37 p.m.

I mean, with all my spridget spares, it'd make sense.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/23/18 3:46 p.m.

In reply to markwemple :

Yes, yes it does. 

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 6:29 p.m.

My rx7 race car would be for sale too

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 6:59 p.m.

I'm not kidding. If anyone is traveling from the St. Louis area to the MD area please let me know. I'll throw in a few hundred for transport

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/18 7:12 p.m.

I'd buy the E36 M3 outta that car!

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 7:51 p.m.

Me too, but I don't have any time to get it over the next couple of weeks.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/24/18 10:47 a.m.

I'd really like someone here to buy this and then sell it to me in ~5 years...any takers?

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/24/18 11:49 a.m.

Me, if you can find a way to help it get here. I even have a few sets of carb s waiting for it!

AxeHealey
5/24/18 2:04 p.m.

I don't believe I do. I'm in OH and the car is in MO.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/24/18 3:21 p.m.

How hard is it to ship non-running cars?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/24/18 3:41 p.m.

With U-Ship types there is an extra fee for non-running cars.  It's a 14 hour drive from DC to St. Louis, cut the deal and make a long weekend out of it.

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/24/18 9:30 p.m.

Super easy to ship and that car is so little it will ship no problem. Dang man. I want this. I want this bad too. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
5/25/18 7:12 a.m.

If I wasnt expecting a baby in a month and a half...

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/18 9:10 a.m.

Car is sold.  My cousin bought it.  He said it is simultaneously nicer and worse then it appears.  His plan is to rebuild it and take it autoxing.  If he is successful I'm probably going to borrow it to do some vintage stuff.

AxeHealey
5/25/18 10:34 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

Awesome! Glad it's sort-of coming to the GRM community. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
5/25/18 11:22 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

Tell your cousin people he doesn't know are demanding a build thread.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
5/25/18 12:03 p.m.

Glad its gone, mentioned this thread to my pregnant wife and got a look...    Something about already having 5 cars...

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/25/18 10:45 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

I have carbs, if he's interested.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/27/18 7:17 a.m.

In reply to markwemple :

I'll ask but I'm pretty sure he will be interested.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/27/18 11:05 a.m.

Actually I have a ton of spares. Literally, I probably have 2000 lbs of spares. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mqOhXfYyvF0pRRSsUxjk4uloMnNqR2mnaYh15Vc3CiQGPNnfzV5iWpDtSEWQb5bV