volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
3/29/13 9:53 a.m.

I'm really reluctant to list this car- so reluctant it's not even on craigslist and I don't have any pictures at the moment.

I bought this car a few years back as a project to do with my then-girlfriend (now-wife). It ran and drove, but like all Karmanns, had rust. We brought it home and began working on it together, but the project lost steam. She's sad because it's sitting, I'm mad that we haven't gotten around to it, and the poor car deserves better.

We paid $1000 for the car, and we've bought about $1000 worth of patch panels for the darn thing- none of which have yet to be successfully welded in. Unfortunately, it needs patches just about everywhere- the right front headlight bucket, the floors, driver's side in front of the rear wheels, rockers, and probably somewhere else I'm forgetting.

But the thing is, it's a 69- which has the better, fully IRS rear suspension, disc brakes up front (I believe...) and the better-looking smaller tail lights. The interior is tired, but mostly there- or was, until I took out the driver's floorboard.

Anyway...I'm not 100% on selling it, but if someone can give it a good home and help me recoup some of what we've got into it, I'll listen to offers.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
3/29/13 10:26 a.m.

Not interested in another rusty one but you could entice me with some of the patch panels. I know those are unlikely to be split up at this point, but if someone wants it for parts not sheet metal, let me know.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
3/29/13 10:32 a.m.

No, I'm not splitting it up...all or nothing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
peAZhUbzMJ6Ho9gqvK6VpEK4xVa58qEdSekVqCgxDTYgkbk8TfsoMMcSIjq8wBj7