Treb
Treb Reader
10/5/17 7:53 a.m.

I have a spare 1800cc engine.  It's the original engine from a 1976 spider; the PO swapped it out.  My wife got the car in the divorce, and now I am cleaning out the garage.

As far as I know, and as far as I can tell, there is nothing badly wrong with this engine and it should be rebuildable.

The motor is complete -- carb, intake, head, block, rods, crank, pistons, oil pump.  No exhaust manifold, distributor, or oil pan.  Mostly disassembled.  Pistons were stuck; 2 have been removed and 2 are still in.

It's in Lexington, KY, and it's free.  I am trying to clean out the garage very soon -- if I don't hear anything, this will be scrapped.

Thanks.

Matt

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
10/5/17 9:10 a.m.

I'm in the DC region but would like it if we can figure out something. I've got a 77. (I've had it since '85)

Treb
Treb Reader
10/5/17 10:32 a.m.

I hope we can work something out.  I can hold on to it for a little bit while you're working out a plan.  Any ideas how or when?

Lexington is about 8 hours from DC, FWIW.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
10/5/17 7:25 p.m.

Unsure. I'll have to give it some thought. Any other 124 stuff?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
10/5/17 7:58 p.m.

The judge gave your wife (ex) a Fiat 124?  Is that reward or punishment?  

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
10/5/17 8:17 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

The judge gave your wife (ex) a Fiat 124?  Is that reward or punishment?  

That could go both ways. Reward for the husband, because it's gone? Or punishment because she's stuck with a vintage Fiat?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
10/6/17 7:20 a.m.

In reply to BoostedBrandon :

Yea, I was thinking punishing the wife. 

I'm sure she could keep it running.     

Treb
Treb Reader
10/6/17 8:03 a.m.

Markwemple, I don't think I have very much other 124 stuff.  3 steelies, maybe? 4x98, 13j.  The best of the 4 is the spare in her car; the other 3 are in the garage. Offhand, I can't think of other 124 bits I still have around.  Maybe a few rear suspension bushings.

As to the winners-and-losers question, I think we're both happy... for now.  The next time the clutch cable wears out or needs adjusting, the next time the electrics act squirrely, I'll be a lot happier than she is.

Matt

Treb
Treb Reader
10/10/17 3:52 p.m.

I’m looking to clean out the garage on Thursday. 

Markwemple, are you still interested?

Anyone else? 

I don’t want to get rid of it if someone wants it. 

Matt

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
10/10/17 3:55 p.m.

Crap, can't there in the near future? Anyone from there heading this way. I can pay gas, beer, pizza.....

Treb
Treb Reader
10/10/17 5:59 p.m.

I don’t mean you have to pick it up this week. 

If you’re interested, I can squeeze it into storage. 

I’d like to see it saved, put to use. 

Keep me posted on plans. 

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
10/10/17 6:14 p.m.

Will do. I'd love to have a spare to do a high hp build!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W4BKJtkN9k2qNSFfbgBbKdtGg0X0ONDSyyy3Rirx0sb7J0UVTasVp7pAALTK48AA