CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/18/08 9:02 p.m.

1984 Audi 4000s quattro Mileage unknown (typical broken odo.)

I drive this thing 60+ miles per day, but the job requires me to upgrade to something newer with A/C. I don't have the time to put into this car to make it what I want.

Good: New lifters from PO (no tick at all, engine quiet) Relayed headlights w/ H4's No rot (car came from SE PA) Good Struts Kumho all seasons in great condition (6/32+ tread) New rotors New pads 3 new calipers (4th was fairly new already) Suspension bushings and hardware look newer (no rubber rot or bolt corrosion) Power front windows Sunroof works Blausport short shifter

Cons: Tach only works when it wants to Won't rev over 4K rpm (see http://www.intendedacceleration.com/tip_2.html. I just haven't had time to look into it) No A/C. Comes with spare compressor. PO said entire system was rebuilt, but compressor went bad. Door locks don't work (but trunk and glovebox lock) LR door was replaced and has a power window in it, but no switch for it. RR window is manual and works.

It has never left me stranded and runs great as a commuter. I just don't have time to play with it (racecar takes priority) and need a better car for work.

$1100 OBO

Also available: 4 Almost new Nokian Hakka's on Audi 90 steel rims for extra $150. (Will sell separately)

Pics available. specracerx at yahoo dot com

Thanks!

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/08 11:07 a.m.

That's great, but where are you?

CGLockRacer
6/19/08 1:28 p.m.

Adrian, MI Sorry, need to fill out my profile again.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/08 1:29 p.m.

And as a side note a nice guy to deal with... wether that means a hill of beans or not ;)

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty New Reader
6/20/08 4:05 p.m.

Wow, this would be a great winter beater. Let me see how quick one of my cars sells since this would be pimp!

CGLockRacer
6/26/08 7:20 p.m.

Pictures at: www.teammathermotorsport.com/audi

CGLockRacer
8/7/08 8:41 a.m.

New Price: $1000. I will now include the snow tires, Bentley manual, and 2 CG-Locks! I'm picking up an '06 Mazda3i Touring tonight so Raudi needs to go. I want someone who can appreciate it and either fix her up to keep driving, or pound her into the ground rally-xing.

John Brown
8/7/08 8:51 a.m.

Is that a 4 lug or 5 lug car?

If the rest of the crap goes out quick I am interested.

Talk to you soon.

John Brown
8/7/08 9:09 a.m.

I see the 4 lug wheels.

Check mail

Supercoupe
Supercoupe New Reader
8/7/08 10:45 a.m.

All stock 4000 quattros are 4X108.

John Brown
8/7/08 11:02 a.m.

Which makes my Merkur wheels a nice option ;)

CGLockRacer
8/7/08 8:48 p.m.

John Brown,

I haven't received any mail. please send again. I'll be out for the rest of the weekend (at Grattan), so I won't get back to you right away. Thanks!

John Brown
8/8/08 6:29 a.m.

Resent.

As soon as the gentleman relieves me of my burden I will have the ability to grab it. Left number, call sunday when you get back if necessary.

CGLockRacer
8/29/08 5:54 p.m.

The Raudi sold tonight. Snow tires are still available for $150. Nearly new Nokian Hakka 1's 175/70 14 mounted on Audi 90 steel wheels.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vuB7wkPJ3ui3MXEd75fHq34NAse7eDRPPYlyvk0QRTWAXW2fDF0ltjz7K88zytDU