dlmater
dlmater GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/29/18 11:09 a.m.

For sale is a 1984 C4 corvette, rolling shell/chassis.  $150 

This was an opportunistic purchase I made 2 years ago with visions of swapping the front and rear suspension into another car.  Didn't happen and currently have too many other competing visions.

1984 C4 Corvette - Z51 option code noted on the service parts list- No engine or trans - Signed VA title from a previous owner with buyers information still blank

Paint and body are rough, I do have the lower front fender panels - Frame is in good shape from what I remember when I had it up on jack stands last.

No interior or dash/gauges, and most wiring is gone - I do have the seat frames and shells and a few misc parts of little value

Tires are bad

Hopeful someone here might find a good use for it, challenge car, suspension donor, death Kart, etc.  I live in the Richmond, VA area.  $150

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/29/18 11:33 a.m.

Why does this have to be 900 miles away from me?

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/29/18 11:51 a.m.

Sonova!!

Horrible timing combined with distance...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/29/18 12:59 p.m.

Oh man. Awesome deal. Here is your shot at $2019 Challenge cam glory.

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
10/29/18 2:04 p.m.

If some one in Ma, Me, or New Ma (formally New Hampshire) buys this, depending on the rim size I may be interested in them. 

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
10/29/18 2:32 p.m.

Holy crap, ahhh Virginia 

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
10/29/18 2:45 p.m.

some one tell me that price is too high to go get,   Please,

I have 2 with no title and paid a bunch more,

funny story ..... the guy that bought my 84 engine moved to Fla. left it here. Want's me to sell it

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/29/18 4:58 p.m.

I almost bought a rear subframe for $150. No I don't need to start another build.  La la la I can't hear you.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
10/29/18 7:44 p.m.

My wife is going to kill me if she finds out I'm even asking this question, but how soon do you need it to go away?  I just drug home a '93 BMW 740iL TONIGHT. 

So I'd have to wait a bit before asking to come pick this up.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
10/29/18 8:05 p.m.

Thank goodness the Ford is broke, again this month.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/18 8:18 p.m.

I guarantee Duster's gonna chime in that he wants the rims

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/29/18 8:21 p.m.

Im grateful i have no need for another project. I just can't justify it. If i had stampies Studebaker truck and this.....

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/18 8:21 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

What are you waiting for, christmas?  Go get this thing

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/29/18 8:22 p.m.

Oh, my. This would be a better candidate for the 454 I picked up. AND there is a 1984 Corvette sitting in the LKQ right now.

Too bad I literally have no room for it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/18 8:25 p.m.
Patrick said:
AngryCorvair said:

I really need it, but im on the road with work a lot between now and Christmas.  So yeah, kinda I *am* waiting for Christmas, LOL.  Now is just not possible for me to go pick it up.

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
10/29/18 8:44 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I think they deserve a post in the "80s wheel apriciation" thread.  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/18 9:11 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
Patrick said:
AngryCorvair said:

I really need it, but im on the road with work a lot between now and Christmas.  So yeah, kinda I *am* waiting for Christmas, LOL.  Now is just not possible for me to go pick it up.

Sounds like its been sitting there for a couple years.  Message the seller and see if he will be ok with a couple more months.  You need this and it’s super cheap(challenge budget wise, I understand more than anyone the true costs of going 500+ miles for a $150 car).  You can zero it out selling one door.  I know this, because i’ve paid $150 for a c4 door before.  You could probably even pay for your trip in sold body panels.  

Sorry if i feel like i’m trying to light a fire under your bottom, but i’m kinda doing just that laugh

dlmater
dlmater GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/29/18 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Completely understand, I have been in that same situation many times.  It is not terribly in my way at the moment.  But, I priced it in an effort to move quickly.  At this point, I would prefer to let it go to the first person that lets me know they're on the way with a trailer, or close to it.      

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/29/18 9:22 p.m.

You even have me trying to figure out how to get it home over here. Somebody grab this before I hurt myself thinking too hard.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
10/29/18 9:56 p.m.

In reply to dlmater :

Yes. You certainly have it priced right to move quickly. Sadly the timing isn't going to work out for me to get it.

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/29/18 11:08 p.m.

In reply to dlmater :

You have mail

Crazier
Crazier Reader
11/14/18 6:12 a.m.

Did this sell?

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/14/18 1:34 p.m.

LSxxx

basscat94
basscat94
12/25/18 11:15 a.m.

Do you still have the C4 rolling chassis? If you do I would like to make arrangements to pick it up.

Thanks Bill

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9dDbD8RmB7k6AjfZDwrcntlMIE5Gqnw9Ik3IhworIhGDPDcs6XHjmGgeiAKxyKkS