RossD
RossD UltimaDork
10/9/15 10:56 a.m.

This is mine, and totally affiliated!

Here's my build thread where I put new wheels and tires on it, and removed the overriders on the front bumper. That's all I did with my lofty ideas. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/4-eyed-4-door-5-seater-fox-body-grandpa-eater/101383/page1/

It has the 3.8 V6 with the throttle body injection (CFI) and a 3 speed automatic transmission. The engine leaks a bit of oil, I think at the valve covers. Not bad though.

My asking price is $2000 and that includes the new tires and wheels. They have less than a 1000 miles on them. It has just over 40,000 on the odometer. I tend to believe that it isn't 140k. It would be mostly rust free for a Southern car, but since this is a Wisconsin car I could almost call it completely rust free. Just a bit of surface rust on the inside lower part of the rear doors and some surface rust underneath. It'll need a new muffler and tail pipe as the tail pipe rusted off, but it's not loud at all.

Depending on any potential GRM challenge buyers I could be tempted to make some kind of package deal for the Zetec and the Type E 4 speed. The only trades I'd be interested in would be either a Jeep CJ or Wrangler. I could even throw cash your way if need be.

Thanks, RossD in Appleton, WI 54915

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
10/9/15 1:04 p.m.

My mom had the gray Ford LTD version of that. I think the freeze plugs fell out several times at higher mileage. Does yours smell like cat pee too?

No seriously, we had a tom cat that filled up a floorboard. We had to sell the car for scrap.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/9/15 3:12 p.m.

Forget the Zetec for this one. Remember that supercharged 3.8 Mustang that Saleen did, yeah...that.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
10/9/15 7:29 p.m.

Ultraclyde, It smells like a grandpa car thats only done 40,000 miles in 31 years, so pretty good.

Pete, so you'll take it?!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/9/15 8:24 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

Oh I want it, but it doesn't really fit my needs right now unfortunately.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
10/10/15 8:55 a.m.

Thats kind of where I am at, too. I want it to be a project car but dont have the garage space or time with our 10 month old.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
10/21/15 11:25 a.m.

Bump. I'm throwing it onto Craigslist for $2500. Might as well swing for the fences.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p7Cy0ULC65b8aJT9nbX4OojhhMVyEDvhbzTSUbTRBv58XE7gcozomqjJJxLdtyXy