1 2
GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 7:22 a.m.

Purchased some years ago for unfinished Challenge project. Car is in 3 shades of primer, has leaky cooling system, all tires currently flat.

The good:

• if you connect a battery (not included) with new terminals (I stole the replacement ones from this car), it runs, but heat climbs rapidly.
  • It includes a rear seat from a different RX7 (blue, not gray)

The bad:

• Some damage / bondo (this was going to donate the drivetrain, not the body)
  • Interior plastic barely remains

Pictures to follow later today.

Planning to get rid of this car within about a week to scrap if nobody wants it or parts.

Located north of Waynesboro, PA. Post here or email greg at gregorywsmith.com for additional questions.

Don49
Don49 Reader
8/26/13 7:31 a.m.

Greg, I'm nearby and definitely interested. Email me your # @ don49ataol.co, and I'll call you.

beans
beans HalfDork
8/26/13 10:01 a.m.

If this is 4-lug and has an aluminum spare... I want the spare.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/26/13 10:51 a.m.

If it's five lug, I'm interested in the differential, brakes and master cylinder.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 11:12 a.m.

Don - email sent.

Beans / Psteav - Car is a 4-lug and yes, it currently still has the spare.

beans
beans HalfDork
8/26/13 11:13 a.m.

In reply to GSmith:

Aluminum?!? Please say yes...

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/26/13 11:14 a.m.

Alas, won't have what I need. Thanks anyway.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 11:14 a.m.

I also have:

• a separate "rebuilt" rotary short block
  • a separate transmission (with shifter extension broken in transit)
GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 11:17 a.m.

beans: yes.

Small, finned, looks very cool. It's an old aluminum one, so is not pristine, but no curb rash, just aging finish. I always thought a pair of these would be neat on a drag car.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/26/13 11:17 a.m.

how much for the transmission(s)? I assume this is manual.

Thanks,

Rob R.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 11:19 a.m.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-RX7-RX-7-1986-2nd-GEN-SPARE-TIRE-/130939146594?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7c94d162&vxp=mtr

This design, definitely NOT this pretty. Auction is not mine, is just for photo purposes.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 11:22 a.m.

Manual, 5 speed.

Local pickup, or shipped? If shipped, do you want me to remove the (broken) shifter extension?

wvumtnbkr
8/26/13 11:36 a.m.

I would pick it up.

From the way you described the car and parts, I assume you have 2 of them (1 in the car).

Would you sell both?

Thanks!

Rob R.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 11:48 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr:

Would prefer not to disassemble the one out of the car (but you could pick up the car and the additional transmission). Yes, there's one in it, and one in my garage.

Don49 has not gotten back to me yet, but for an offer over salvage value, the car is his. Otherwise, you're welcome to pick up both. I think I paid $50 for the transmission.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 3:10 p.m.

beans - wheel is set aside for you. Once I pulled it out of the spare tire well, it's surprisingly clean. Please contact me for

wvumtnbkr - 5 speed trans is set aside for you. Please contact me re: pick up or if $50 seems unreasonable.

As far as the rest - the local auto recycler will take the car for ~$350. I'd prefer this to go to someone who will actually use the parts, but looking to clear the driveway by this weekend.

I still have the 13B additional short block and intake as well. Same thing applies. Give this drivetrain a happy home!

wvumtnbkr
8/26/13 3:23 p.m.

DAMN! I kinda want the entire thing. however, i have one of these that needs to go to the scrap yard as it is. That, and I am going to Tennessee this weekend.

poop!

I do want the trans. I will figure a way to get it.

Thanks,

Rob R.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/26/13 3:41 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr:

Keep me posted !!

moxnix
moxnix Reader
8/26/13 10:44 p.m.

If it has the stock 4 lug wheels and whoever ends up with it wants to sell them let me know.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
8/27/13 8:13 a.m.

what year is this additional short block?

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/28/13 8:17 p.m.

It has the stock 4 lug 'phone dial' wheels.

How would I tell for the short block? All I know at this point is it's a 13B...

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/31/13 8:32 p.m.

Based on reader interest - it looks like a number of people want parts, but we're still getting details worked out:

beans: Alloy spare wheel Mark Albers: Rebuilt short block (and possibly rear end) wvumtnbkr: Transmission (or possibly entire car) moxnix: Phone dial alloy wheels (?)

Guys - keep me posted. My wife's getting itchy and I need to find room for the BMW from Jersey, assuming that works out.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
9/3/13 12:32 p.m.

Moxnix has the wheels & the exhaust downpipe (removed from car). I have a set of old steel Spitfire wheels that I'm going to enlarge the holes and use to roll this around for about another week.

beans: Still holding the alloy spare in my garage.

Mark - engine is in the garage. with the car up in the air, I can have the rear end off pretty quickly.

wvumtnbkr: one transmission is in the garage awaiting you!

redhookfern
redhookfern Reader
9/3/13 12:51 p.m.

It's true, someone needs to take this, or my e28 will only continue to disolve in a scary back lot in Paterson NJ.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
9/4/13 4:38 p.m.
redhookfern wrote: It's true, someone needs to take this, or my e28 will only continue to disolve in a scary back lot in Paterson NJ.

Not to worry - worst case, I pull the worthwhile bits (computer, back seat, etc) and recycle the rest. There's not much of value beyond that unless someone needs glass, etc.

redhook... I'll make the space for whatever overlap time. Looking forward to picking up Black Betty.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/11/13 9:33 a.m.

Axle halfshafts? If you pull it down that far. My MG needs 1. They should ship fine ziptied to a 1x6.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kRG2Lt41SIbsPc19k2GcM3nfFTVHSSf1c4DHC2QkRcFWrt98HUQAIjgFu4lTgv9n