classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
4/28/16 1:20 p.m.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5560061495.html

Greenville, SC

Buy it this weekend (the 30th) please! I move out of my apartment complex the 13th or 14th of May and I need this to be gone by then

Hey all, some of you will recognize this car! I bought this a few months back to use the engine for another project and it's too uncommon of a car to scrap. Would be great to see it used for something fun. The car has pretty minimal rust given the New York license plates, and I know it was sitting in Georgia since at least 2009.

I'll start with the bad:

The back glass is destroyed. 3-4 holes in it and seems to be held together mainly by the tint.

Rear spoiler is destroyed ( I have a good condition spare spoiler in red to replace the trashed one on it)

Interior isn't in wonderful shape

NO ENGINE COMES WITH IT

3 flat tires, the 4th shouldn't be trusted but is currently holding air

The paint was red at one point and it shows

The fuel pump is likely dead

The good:

The wheels seem to be the originals and I have the 4 matching locking center caps that say Ford on them (No key for these)

Extra taillight (right rear is broken)

Owner's manual and "Rapido Performance" catalog (magazine) come with it.

I have an extra set of Borbets that come with it

Lots of spares for random interior parts

The mehh

The transmission is a Borg Warner T9

Asking $450 for GRMers. The title was signed away by the sellers in 2009. It sat with Wreck Racing at Georgia Tech since then. Please text me for pictures. I don't really have any decent ones offhand.

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
5/2/16 8:00 a.m.

Price is OBO. This would make a great challenge car - you'd get your budget to almost nothing immediately and it has plenty of things left for you to use on it! Need it gone

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
5/2/16 12:37 p.m.

Is the Type 9 transmission OK? I might would pop for that, but I don't need the rest of the car.

What diff did these have BTW??

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
5/2/16 12:58 p.m.

It shifts into all gears, don't know much beyond that! I am not sure on the differential and my internet has been a little troublesome today, but I would be happy to sell you just the transmission. Make me an offer if you're interested. PM is fine, or call/text 678-431-4212

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
5/6/16 11:23 a.m.

$300, center caps are gone

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
5/9/16 11:22 a.m.

This HAS to be gone by the end of the week. Nobody here has any interest?

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
5/9/16 1:38 p.m.

I could use the wing and the megasquirt.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
5/25/16 4:43 p.m.

Sorry for the delay. Do you still have the Merkur?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
512Dnglwii6DrAL4Gt20tzyHAMgfFPPPJaLqSVuHV9JIHWwPIAn7VY0jRC1sdmzr