1 2
Cactus
Cactus New Reader
1/28/15 6:15 a.m.

Previous ad.

When I bought this car, I said I wouldn't be heartbroken if I crashed it.

Long story short, I never want to look at it again. Runs and drives fine, pulls to the left very slightly, but I can't swear it didn't do that before the accident. The collision was under 20mph. I drove it about 15 miles home with no issue other than thoughts of self loathing because I'm not as good a driver as I thought. The Front trunklid (hood?), bumper and pop-up lights have all seen better days, but the radiator is fine. no mechanical issues past the front clip. All season tires are complete E36 M3, so I recommend you replace them, even though one of the sets it comes with has <500 miles on it. Comes with all the goodies from the previous sale. Would prefer long-distance sale so I never have to see it again. Will trade for a good lawyer. Updated pics to come.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
1/28/15 7:14 a.m.

Interested. Do you have a current picture? Title?

Very interested

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
1/28/15 7:18 a.m.

In for pictures. Also very interested- sorry for whatever it is that happened.

Cactus
Cactus New Reader
1/28/15 7:57 a.m.

I don't have pictures, I will get them some time this week. Title is clean.

I'm sorry for what happened too. I've preached for a while that all season tires aren't worth a damn thing, and they bit me. Winter tires November-March, summer tires the rest of the year, no exceptions. That said, they're just as fun on a track, because you start sliding at much lower (safer) speeds. Always keep assured clear distance.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
1/28/15 8:17 a.m.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
1/28/15 8:23 a.m.

Well, I'm a good lawyer but I'm only licensed in MD. Sorry for the bad news.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/28/15 8:53 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: In for pictures. Also very interested- sorry for whatever it is that happened.

yesssss.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
1/28/15 9:05 a.m.

Cactus, I also bumped our old email exchange from when I was planning to trade the BRAT. Feel free to discuss there.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
1/28/15 9:49 a.m.

Glws and I hope the situation gets better for you. Also not going to lie, in for pics.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
1/28/15 1:43 p.m.

I'm local and would kill for another MR2, but lack the monies (sorry to be that guy!)

Cactus
Cactus New Reader
1/28/15 5:40 p.m.

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
1/28/15 6:29 p.m.

You know, I might have a white hood out in the garage that you can have for cheap...if you decide against getting rid of it.

Cactus
Cactus New Reader
1/28/15 6:45 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: You know, I might have a white hood out in the garage that you can have for cheap...if you decide against getting rid of it.

Won't happen. I don't even want to look at this thing anymore. Talk to the next owner.

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
1/28/15 7:07 p.m.
Cactus wrote:
JFX001 wrote: You know, I might have a white hood out in the garage that you can have for cheap...if you decide against getting rid of it.
Won't happen. I don't even want to look at this thing anymore. Talk to the next owner.

Just offering.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/28/15 8:10 p.m.

No money for the car, but I can offer a set of eyelids if you pay shipping (I'm in CT) if you want to sell it with some of the repair parts already included...

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/29/15 10:15 a.m.

Why all the hate? I really miss my '87. Do you have a ballpark dollar number in mind?

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
1/29/15 10:43 a.m.

(For anyone new to this thread, I'm the previous owner. I'd be interested in buying back one set of wheels & a few misc parts to help recoop some of your cost. Bought an SC MR2 in November I couldn't resist.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
1/29/15 10:50 a.m.

Jerry, you have a PM.

bluej
1/29/15 11:48 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: Jerry, you have a PM.

Yessssssssssssss!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
1/29/15 12:04 p.m.

In reply to bluej:

Relax over there, this is still in the "scheming" phase. If you want a guarantee of my triumphant return to DC RallyX, you'll need to give me a codrive

bluej
1/29/15 2:03 p.m.

Co-drive can be arranged once the m52 swap gets shaken out.

Apologies for the threadjack, carry on!

Cactus
Cactus New Reader
1/29/15 4:24 p.m.

Got the car on ramps today, took what pictures I could. Lower Rad support looks untouched, but the upper is a bit bent. Probably fixable with prybars and hammers. Suspension looks untouched, suspension mount points look fine.

Gallery of pics from underneath.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
1/29/15 4:32 p.m.

She really looks clean underneath. Does toyota sell that upper cross member?

Cactus
Cactus New Reader
1/29/15 4:48 p.m.

No idea about the crossmember, but the car I'm selling is still rust free.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
1/29/15 5:16 p.m.

In reply to markwemple:

Spent it's whole life in FL until a few months before I bought it in 2011 or 12. And then garaged in the winter lol.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TDHjVUlDMkUUH01IVvZNZNNTdjImJC3yZIcMJGSyR2SgU17wRcsHZrrLNraSx5Xa