chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
3/16/12 3:50 a.m.

I thought I had a thread on here already but I couldn't find it.
Long story short it was an abandoned car that me and a friend of mine picked up a few years ago to be a full time track car. I ended up moving and she put a full Maximum Motorsports track package on her 98 Cobra so the car has been sitting for a while. If I had the garage space I wouldn't be selling it but it just sits, collecting dust.
It is a 1988 924S, stripped interior, roll bar, seats and harnesses. Seats and harnesses will most likely need to be replaced if using for real track time - ok for challenge build.
The car ran when parked ~ 5 years ago. It is rather unique as it is wrapped in Becks vinyl. Five speed transmission, comes with old race tires - also probably junk.
Like I said, this car has just been sitting and we'd really like it gone. $1500 or best reasonable offer.

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
3/16/12 5:26 a.m.

Very important: forgot to put in there the vehicle is considered a recovery/abandoned vehicle and there is no title. Perfect for track/challenge use, not so much for street use. Unless some of the members on here work their DMV magic in some of the less stringent states.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/16/12 8:31 a.m.

What's it look like under the vinyl?

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
3/16/12 11:44 a.m.

No idea, I bought it that way. I think yellow - at least according to the door jams.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/16/12 11:44 a.m.

Vehicle is located in Trevose, PA.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/21/12 5:48 p.m.

$1250. OBO.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
3/21/12 6:16 p.m.

Pics?

EDIT: Nevermind, listed on your profile

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
3/21/12 7:22 p.m.

Save a few clicks

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/21/12 7:22 p.m.

If you or anybody else has any requests for pics please, please don't hesitate to ask.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
3/22/12 6:37 a.m.

Trevose? Oh no...that's only 45 minutes from me (I was raised in Yardley, so I know Trevose well). Too much money for my wallet, but if you ever need to unload it, let me know.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/22/12 8:28 p.m.

I need to unload it - I haven't had many offers and it's just sitting there.

I miss the Yardley area. I'd really like to move back some day but as of right now I've got a good job in Boston and the wifey's massage therapy business is picking up speed.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
3/23/12 10:47 a.m.

E-mail sent, let me know if you didn't get it.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/23/12 9:08 p.m.

I've replied to every email I received, if somebody didn't get a response it's because I didn't get a request.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
4/4/12 7:31 a.m.

I would like to apologize to everybody that is waiting on pictures - the vehicle is parked at an old racing buddy's house not mine and she was sick with the rhino virus or whatever the hell that was going around. She's working on pics and checking the diff this week. Again, I'm sorry about the delay - I really am motivated and getting this thing gone.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
4/16/12 10:22 p.m.

I apologize to everybody for lack of pics, it's hard to find good help these days.
Here them is. Further pics can be had upon request. I'll try to keep the delay to a minimum this time (car is at a friends house 400 miles from where I reside).

nderwater
nderwater UltraDork
4/17/12 9:28 a.m.

Can't believe this one's not snapped up yet!

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/17/12 9:31 a.m.

If I had space, time, or money for a track car, I would be ALL about this beast.

jonnyd330
jonnyd330 Reader
4/17/12 9:53 a.m.

Yeah if I had a tow vehicle this would be in my garage.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
4/17/12 3:07 p.m.

If I had a tow vehicle, I would bring it TO you. I need a road trip...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/22/12 4:26 p.m.

You know they do have trucks/trailers available for rent ;)

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
5/2/12 11:09 a.m.

$1000 takes it? Please, it's just sitting there and I want it gone. I did pay $3500 for it a few years ago, I don't want to lose my shirt AND pants on it.

zenbutcher
zenbutcher
5/3/12 12:47 p.m.

thats awfully tempting, but i'm 6 hours away in NE Ohio. Pete

Woody
5/3/12 12:52 p.m.

How many miles on it?

Woody
5/3/12 2:13 p.m.

Was it whacked hard in the front?

Photobucket

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
5/5/12 6:29 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Unfortunately: 1. - I don't know and 2. - I don't know. I'm assuming the answer to #2 is maybe. The driver door hinge looks a little silly, too. I'll see if I can get a pic of that as well. Forgot all about it until you asked!
As far as #1 the speedo/odometer no worky. I haven't driven it in a few years, I apologize for not disclosing this earlier.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GS28M97bfwDRA9gnu5GcBxOIp9lLN5uYGxuE1jD2RkOWzTSVHXLlJTkFzNDbuhRT