Jay
Jay UltraDork
11/7/18 7:52 p.m.

TL;DR: I AM GOING TO BE IN THE SAME LOCATION AS THIS CAR FROM THE 15th TO THE 27th OF NOVEMBER. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, COME LOOK AT IT THEN.

Location: near London, Ontario. Can arrange delivery within ~2hrs, i.e. Toronto, Windsor, Niagara, etc. (not across the border.)

Not registered. Currently sitting on VALID, LEGAL import paperwork and SIGNED TITLE.

ASKING $2000 USD / EQUIVALENT CAD ($~2600.) Somewhat negotiable, especially if you take care of all the paperwork & I don't have to do much.

Long ramble-y form ad begins:
-----

Well guys, it's come to this. I bought this thing in New Mexico in 2007(?) to replace my Celica. Hauled it back to Ontario in an epic road-trip thread on this forum (which I can't find right now??) that involved the tow vehicle catching fire and a "side" trip to the Grand Canyon & Meteor Crater.

Once back in Ontario, I bought the last brand new front airdam available in the Mitsubishi parts inventory system, got a decent-but-not-perfect black paint job to replace the original faded red, got it started and somewhat running, and put it into storage for the winter.

Then I moved to Berlin.
Then I moved to Auckland.
Then I moved to the PNW.
In the meantime, I've owned three other cars and co-owned two more.

10+ years later I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to fix it up and get to drive it, so it's time it moves on to a new home.

I'm kind of sad about this, as I LOVE this thing to death & at least wanted to have a season's worth of fun with it, but time to be realistic. It also goes perfectly with my retro-'80s synthpop music act (my in-progress album is called "Mirror Shades Mandatory", and pulling up to play a show in this thing would be epic), but maybe you want to get your Moroder on too.

Features of this beauty:

- Stock G54B in all its glory (TBI, jet valves, etc.)
- Black exterior
- Black leather interior
- The good seats (AFAIK all 88+ Starions came with them. The '87 & earlier sucked.)
- Complete, decent, clean, no rats nests or disgusting issues. All carpets & interior trim present.
- Red engine bay (was only an exterior respray)
- 250 000 ish km (157 000 miles IIRC)

- NOT A SPEC OF RUST ANYWHERE. NONE. I'm NOT kidding.
- Stored INDOORS since it was painted in 2007. According to some service logs, which I have, it lived in Florida, then Colorado (where it was stored over the winter), then New Mexico.

- Started and ran easily last time I tried, and I drove it around the block, but it lugs as soon as you try to make boost. I think the wastegate is stuck. Will need some work to be a perfect runner, but AFAIK nothing major.

Paperwork status:

- PROPERLY exported from the US, with export clearance & stamp on the title
- PROPERLY imported into Canada with Form 1 (under the 15-year rule at the time)

Currently it's not registered. I have the US title, signed over to me, a bill of sale, the still-valid Form 1 & all documentation. I can work with you to get it registered. Ontario residents: should be a fairly easy safety inspection, it's complete, brakes & lighting all work, etc. Won't need an emissions test after April 2019.

I'll try to get some more pictures up, there are some in my Reader's Ride Profile (just #125 when the "new" feature was introduced!) They are old pictures, but it still looks the same. Maybe a bit dustier.

I live on the west coast now, but I WILL BE VISITING WHERE THIS CAR IS FROM THE 15th TO THE 27th OF NOVEMBER. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, COME LOOK AT IT THEN.

Post here, PM, or email [my forum name] + [unit of measure used for speed limit signs in the US] at [mail service provided by search-engine giant].
 I'll try to keep an eye on this thread.

Saintd
Saintd New Reader
11/8/18 11:09 a.m.

I’m in Michigan not far from Detroit, how hard would it be to get there and bring it over?

Jay
Jay UltraDork
11/8/18 3:14 p.m.

I could deliver it to Windsor but you'd be on your own for border / paperwork / etc. Keep in mind it's still in a bit of import limbo & would need to be trailered. The paperwork should be totally doable, but please look up in advance what's needed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QGMNLxK0uOeGUN9G9waYwjSDfY48hGfxdTVfixC1S9gixU4UeTzD4baBw71YGvWp