Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/28/18 8:15 a.m.

https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-isuzu-impulse/6669927759.html

Probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own a Giugiaro-designed RWD hatchback.

Parts are likely made of unobtanium...but this appears to like a pretty clean car for the money.  RWD!  Unfortunately, it's the NA version, so likely only 110ish HP.  They did make a turbo version throughout the 80s.  Pretty this is one of the "Handling by Lotus" cars.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/28/18 2:18 p.m.

That's some nice looking Chevette!! 

_
_ Reader
8/30/18 11:40 p.m.

Look how much overhang on the nose!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/18 5:41 a.m.

A good friend had one of these. At the same time I had a 1970 Ford XL(LTD) convertible with a 390/2bbl. It was still quicker than his Impulse. It was a cool car & handled well though. The moveable control/switch pods on either side of the steering wheel were super cool too. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/18 7:30 a.m.

Was hoping for the Turbo, AWD version.  A hotted-up Geo, but still. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/31/18 7:51 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

you and me both, but the geo never saw the turbo or AWD version.  I wish I knew what happened to the wagon someone body swapped with the turbo awd version. laugh

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
9/2/18 7:38 p.m.

Man I ALWAYS check for Isuzus here in the Midwest, but the only ones I have ever found have been half the country away- last one I saw I could buy was in Philly.

I'm still posting this in some Isuzu groups tho- maybe one of them will snag it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mJrKHlSFycvwXJdtm8XMVJquN9MBm7VHpUg0eFZVDpuoYWsxAgxGQZ1mFtnzLlaK