mtn
mtn UltimaDork
8/29/13 6:48 p.m.

See this thread for more information: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/learn-me-1989-volvo-240/69232/page1/

5 speed sedan, non-turbo.

Kinda bought this on a whim, without much direction in mind. After almost a week of ownership, I still have no direction in mind. The big issue I'm having with it is honestly just a lack of space, and having to pay for storage. So I'm going to offer it up for sale here, just in case anyone is interested and will actually do anything with it.

I paid $200 for the car, and an extra $100 for a replacement hood and fender. Hood and fender are both straight, but there is a little rust on the connector-thingy-thing on the fender, and the hood is scratched.

The bad:
The odometer reads 175xxx, but its broken. PO estimates it has about 210,000, but who knows. It has holes in the floorboard, no carpet, AC does not work, brake-light warning light thing on the dash is flickering, an aftermarket casette player that I haven't gotten to work yet (Blaupunkt, he took out the Blaupunkt cd player ), exhaust is falling off/fallen off, currently on a spare tire, it sometimes clunks into gear (I haven't experienced this yet, but the PO told me it does sometimes, so YMMV), it has a little rust here and there, it is missing trim pieces, the gas cap cover doesn't sit flush with the car, and in general it is just an old car that has had a lot of miles.

The good:
The battery is recent. The clutch is recent (not sure how recent). The engine seals are 3 years old. The floor is still solid other than 3 spots. It is cheap. It comes with 2 factory jacks, a plastic grocery bag full of random lights, the spare tire tool kit, an oil filter, a Chiltons manual, and a few other random bits and pieces.

I'm firm on the price, as that is what I will have into it before storage ($300 for the car and hood, plus $150 for the title and tax). Aside from that, scrap has to be worth at least $300 for the car alone without the hood and fender; if you wanted to part it out more so. I think. For now, any less than that and I'm going to have some fun with it myself. Unfortunately I filled out the title already, so if someone buys it soon they would have to do it on a Bill of Sale and wait for me to get the title to mail it to them.

Somewhat interested in trades--definitely interested in guitars, not sure what else. Probably not another car, as if I had space I'd keep this one, but humor me.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
8/29/13 8:23 p.m.

Sounds like rally cross gold to me.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
9/2/13 6:21 p.m.

BUMP!

Buy it and I'll throw in a free bottle of booze*.

*Whipped cream flavored vodka.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
H59weA7QYQlT4dEfYt5KPek6EXoBg4mn