bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/23/16 8:01 a.m.

See the details here:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1990-civic-si-group-build/60402/page1/

This car didn't really need to be disassembled. I started it as a father/sons project, but then had health problems that delayed working on it and then it eventually just got put to the side. Good intentions. Anyway, it's complete but taken apart. It was a running, driving car when we started on it. I'm pretty sure the only major parts that may be missing are the front shocks, which I used on another car. The rear shocks are Koni Yellows. I could part this car out and make a killing on it, since everything is in good condition, but I really want to see it back on the road, so I'm offering it here for much less money. How much? I don't really know. But if you are interested in it, prepare to make your case about getting it back on the road, because you'll need to convince me that you are buying it for that purpose and not to make money on the parts. If you can do that, I'm absolutely sure we can come to an agreement on price. IOW, what happens to the car is as important to me as how much I get for it. The car is a roller, and is located in Tallmadge, Ohio. I may be able to deliver it.

As it looked just before disassembly:

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
8/23/16 8:04 a.m.

very tempting, I miss tracking my Civic Si Sold over 10 years ago, it racing in Chump car now.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/23/16 8:41 a.m.

In reply to trigun7469:

PM me. Let's talk. You're not that far away.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/24/16 10:42 a.m.

BUMP

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
8/24/16 1:20 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace: Rust is a killer for me, price?

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
8/24/16 1:42 p.m.

How much of the interior is pulled? Is the dash and all the wiring still in place?

Aside from the rust repair, is this just a reassemble job?

saruken
saruken New Reader
8/24/16 3:24 p.m.

PM'd

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/24/16 3:26 p.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing:

The dash, steering column and headliner are still in place. And yes, install the rocker panels that are included and reassemble.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
8/24/16 4:49 p.m.

This seems to be in pretty good shape. I've seen a lot worse in MD. What is the real market price for these? I've seen some pretty strong asking prices. I know they are a special car (I've been a fan since they were new). Just curious.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/25/16 7:46 a.m.

In reply to markwemple:

I don't really know. Up until just very recently I was intent on keeping it. I do know that if you can do the body work and paint, you could put this car back together for way less than $1k and have a really nice car.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
8/25/16 9:35 a.m.

I like these, but I'd probably attempt a mid engine GM 3800 swap, and give up three quarters of the way through.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/10/16 9:36 a.m.

Still available. Come look at it and make an offer. It needs to go.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
9/10/16 10:31 a.m.

I'd be seriously interested if you were closer I've always been a fan of those.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/10/16 11:48 a.m.

In reply to markwemple:

Where are you?

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
9/10/16 12:26 p.m.

Severna Park MD. South of Baltimore

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
9/10/16 12:32 p.m.

About 5.5 hours

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
9/10/16 3:06 p.m.
markwemple wrote: About 5.5 hours

Pfft. I did 26 hours of driving over 2 days to get my Civic Rally Car.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
9/10/16 4:18 p.m.

Yeah, but how booked is your calendar. Mine's rediculous

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
9/10/16 4:19 p.m.

I miss having time for day trips. I took a half day to pick up a 66 bug but that was April. Sucks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b46s7zH8Wq03hDDEbC8I2a0D3XY8PEioVfPwQ9jwZ1zdO9VJfu65f47E2ClowE8M