Autolex HalfDork
Nov. 30, 2009 8:47 a.m.

Can be seen HERE (first picture has the wheels/tires that come with it)

1990 Mazda Miata

Flat Black (kinda spotty, I sanded 98% of the truck bed liner off and rattlecanned the entire car with rustoleum flat black)

134,XXX Miles

New clutch at 85,XXX miles (P.O)

Shifts perfectly

Runs strong for a 1.6L

includes:

Factory Mazda Hardtop with all three latches & striker plates (rear, front and side), Headliner and Defroster - Flat Black

Hard Dog Hard Core Hard Top Single Diagonal

Soft top (with missing rear window) removed but included

Odyssey PC680 installed in factory location

RX-7 MAF & Cone Filter (Factory MAF and Airbox included)

Manual Fan switch

DDM Works Gauge/Radio Panel with Autometer Water and Voltage gauges

Entire interior re-insulated with reflectix

Hoosier 205/55/14 A3S03's (30-40% life remaining) on stock wheels

E36 M3ty no-name tires on beat up ARE wheels (also flat black)

Clean Illinois Title

Manual Steering Rack

The Bad:

Kinda Ugly

Vinyl torn on top of passenger seat

open rear diff

A/C Works, but has a bad tensioner, so is currently not hooked up. will include new belt, but you will have to source your own tensioner.

Taillights painted over with crazy circle patterns by P.O.

$1750 - Crestview, FL 32539

93celicaGT2 SuperDork
Nov. 30, 2009 8:57 a.m.

Entertaining trade offers?

Autolex HalfDork
Nov. 30, 2009 9:40 a.m.

we shall see... if the trade is interesting enough I may be.

xd New Reader
Nov. 30, 2009 11:08 p.m.

Where is it?

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 1, 2009 9:15 a.m.
Autolex wrote: ...$2009 o.b.o - Crestview, FL 32539...
Racer1ab New Reader
Dec. 3, 2009 12:16 a.m.

Awesome deal!

I'm very tempted, but I can't do anything until I get my DD sorted, and my Mustang sold.

From the description, I'd trust the car to drive back to WV, but would I be able to fit the extra set of wheels and tires as well as the softtop in the car?

Then again, I'd really have no intention of reinstalling the softtop.

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 3, 2009 9:08 a.m.

I have every confidence that it would make it 1000+ miles... and it get's over 30 mpg on the highway. I am relatively sure both sets of wheels would fit, you just might have to have 1 or 2 wheels in the trunk, the rest in the cabin (i.e. a TIGHT fit!) the softtop would fit just fine laying in the spot where it was originally installed, just not bolted in.

jrw1621 Dork
Dec. 7, 2009 7:47 a.m.
Autolex wrote: I am relatively sure both sets of wheels would fit, you just might have to have 1 or 2 wheels in the trunk, the rest in the cabin (i.e. a TIGHT fit!) the softtop would fit just fine laying in the spot where it was originally installed, just not bolted in.

On a regular basis, I used to fit 4 tires into my '90 Miata for autocross purposes.
Pull the spare tire and place it on the passanger floor.
Place one tire into the trunk (preferably placed "face down" allowing for items to be stored in the "rim dish" area.)
Place a towel or tarp over the passanger seat.
Two tires with tread facing forward on passanger seat (put rims "face to face" and thereby gain some elbow room into the "dish."
Third rim placed with tread facing sideways near glovebox (which should be covered with a towel.) Personal items can either be placed in the slight bit of remaining trunk or placed on the back shelf along with the folded soft top.

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 18, 2009 10:37 a.m.

bump... nobody? maybe after xmas?

Racer1ab Reader
Dec. 18, 2009 4:40 p.m.

Still working on it! Trying to work out the logistics of flying out and driving this beast back to WV!

I'm trying, man!

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 19, 2009 8:12 a.m.

no worries, and I know that right before xmas is a horrible time too! just trying to get things moving.

RandyS Reader
Dec. 19, 2009 9:54 a.m.

email sent.

Randy

RandyS Reader
Dec. 19, 2009 10:10 p.m.

In reply to RandyS:

Does it have AC? Manual rack or PS?

Randy

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 21, 2009 9:26 p.m.

sry, on vacation this week. it has a/c, but the belt tensioner is bad, so there is no belt on atm... will include belt, but needs new tensioner. Manual rack.

RandyS Reader
Dec. 22, 2009 10:54 a.m.
Autolex wrote: sry, on vacation this week. it has a/c, but the belt tensioner is bad, so there is no belt on atm... will include belt, but needs new tensioner. Manual rack.

sounds good. email me at solomiata at aol dot com. I want to get some more particulars.

Randy

buffon01 None
Dec. 29, 2009 11:14 a.m.

PM sent

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 30, 2009 8:28 a.m.

Okay, I am back from vacation... drove to STL from florida in the BMW... and the starter died as soon as I got there... so I went to leave on sunday... and it had snowed/iced... so I had to basically clear a path on my parents road, salt it , and then wait to have it melt so my dad and I could push start it... :(

anyway, I will answer any questions you all have here, so that everyone can get all the info. I will email more pictures tonight to those that want them (buffon01, you will be getting the ones you requested).

I will edit the original listing with any updates/questions to make things easier.

sooooo, go ahead and ask away! :)

buffon01 New Reader
Dec. 30, 2009 12:19 p.m.

Most likely I'll take it, what is the nearest airport to you??

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 30, 2009 12:29 p.m.

VPS - Valparaiso, FL

I have to put a starter in the bmw this weekend... when would you want to come and get it?

RandyS Reader
Dec. 30, 2009 2:45 p.m.

Is the hardtop OEM or aftermarket.

Does the hardtop have a headliner or defroster?

You say the paint is truck bedliner in the GRM features. Is it flat paint that can be sanded or is it thick and require scraping?

I can have someone there in 30 minutes if you need a quick sale.

Randy

buffon01 New Reader
Dec. 30, 2009 3:18 p.m.
Autolex wrote: VPS - Valparaiso, FL I have to put a starter in the bmw this weekend... when would you want to come and get it?

I will probably be within the upcoming weekend (not new years) I havent gotten the pictures yet, once I get the pictures I'll let you know. Let me ask I see you bumped the price to $1900 .IIRC wasnt it at ~$1700 ??

Autolex HalfDork
Dec. 31, 2009 8:13 a.m.

OEM Hardtop w/Headliner and defroster. I have sanded 98% of the truck bed liner off. it is now rustoleum flat black. I used a random orbital to get it off and it wasn't too bad.

it is at $1750.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
Jan. 1, 2010 9:56 a.m.
Autolex wrote: sry, on vacation this week. it has a/c, but the belt tensioner is bad, so there is no belt on atm... will include belt, but needs new tensioner. Manual rack.

Was that removed because the compressor/system is dead/leaking?

RandyS Reader
Jan. 1, 2010 10:34 a.m.

PM sent.

Randy

RandyS Reader
Jan. 1, 2010 9:21 p.m.

Clear non-salvage FL title in your name?

Call me or email me a number to reach you.

Randy

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

GRM Live on Wednesday, June 28: The Science Behind Fasteners

13 hours ago in News

They hold all of your work together, but do you know when to use each type of fastener?

Action Cam Guide

14 hours ago in Articles

Capture your on-track memories with today’s latest and greatest

Reader's Ride of the Week: Troyer Modified Hillclimber

14 hours ago in News

It's a circle track car that's been convinced to turn left and right, and go up hills.

You Need This: Track-Ready 1991 Mazda Miata for $5500

16 hours ago in News

What’s better than a Miata? How about a Miata that’s ready for the track?

MX-5 Cup Racing: Live on Your Screen This Friday and Saturday

3 days ago in News

Catch all the action of the Global MX-5 Cup race at Road America live this weekend.

How to Run Compressed Air at Home

3 days ago in Articles

A guide for installing an air compressor and air tools in your home garage.

2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI 4Motion

3 days ago in New Car Reviews

Say hello to the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI S with 4Motion. It comes with a turbocharged 1.8-liter engine that is ...

You Need This: $1600 Street Racer Ford Festiva

3 days ago in News

It already has a GRM sticker and everything.

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

3 days ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Your Projects: smokindav’s VW GTI Project

3 days ago in News

Love a good MK5 GTI? You might enjoy this build thread.

Wing It: Simple Talk on the Complex Subject of Aerodynamics

4 days ago in Articles

Whether sleek, boxy or somewhere in between, all cars interact with the air while racing down the track.

2018 Acura TLX V6 A-Spec

4 days ago in New Car Reviews

Acura is introducing something new for the 2018 model year: the Acura TLX V6 A-Spec. It's the highest trim level ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
bm8XybLFxciVsoSzDgPEIAIaGxUNTiWR