Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/15/14 1:22 p.m.

*Not mine, some affiliation. This car belongs to my wife's aunt. A bit of backstory: it was in a relatively minor front-end collision back in the late 90s-early 2000s. The owner decided to sell it rather than file an insurance claim, so my wife's uncle bought it to fix up for their granddaughter. He started on it, assembled front-end parts, but never finished, and the car ended up sitting in the garage for years and years. He recently passed away, and now her aunt wants rid of it. She says it has a clean title.

So, here's what I know about it. It's a 1990 240SX automatic. I looked at it when it was in the garage and it appeared to be rust-free from what I could see. It hasn't run in over a decade. It will need some assembly on the front end as you can see in the pics. You can't see the LF fender, it looks like it was crunched and he tried to straighten it, but it will probably need to be replaced, in my opinion.

I thought about taking this on to fix and flip, but honestly, I don't have the space, time, or inclination to take on another project like this right now.

Some pics:

More pics here: https://plus.google.com/photos/103364049340103330004/albums/6059353734939586033?authkey=CM7T57GW88_hNw

She's asking $800. Car is located in Howell, MI. If you are interested, contact me and I'll put you in touch with her. My email is tom "dot" spangler "at" gmail "dot" com.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
9/15/14 2:42 p.m.

That actually looks super clean. Isn't there a drifter tax on these things? A rust free shell here in slat land should be worth something

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BQT1ghmZ8u8eCdw270FCkrjo1Q9gkYACDZl1ltfEhtshvdukfwsyQLqBW9Qaqavc