Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/13 10:58 p.m.

You've seen the work thread. I have it listed locally for $1500, and it's easily worth every penny of that.

Instant GRM Discount - $1000

One catch, you have to pay for it before 9/21 (yeah, that's 5 days from now). I can deliver it to Vancouver and/or Portland that morning.

The goodies:

1990 SAAB C 900 Turbo

16V, 5-speed manual, ABS, power discs, power windows, power moonroof, auto lights, A/C (inop - no belt), heated leather seats, etc. Unknown miles. Recent head rebuild. Runs awesome. Full boost, catches scratch in 2nd and 3rd. Would make a killer autocross or rallycross car. Or fix it up even more and make a good profit on it, too.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
9/16/13 11:07 p.m.

Wrong coast

Javelin
9/17/13 12:31 a.m.

Shipping available!

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
9/17/13 10:32 a.m.

Do you need it gone in 5 days or do you just need the money?

Javelin
9/17/13 12:03 p.m.

In reply to Jeff:

Anniversary coming up, taking SWMBO out that day, and I promised her I'd pay for it all by selling the SAAB.

I kind of shot myself in the foot with the F-150 because it was such a quick turnaround, now she expects all of them to be gone that fast!

Javelin
9/17/13 12:03 p.m.

In reply to Jeff:

Oh and, just need the money. I can hold the car no problem.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
9/17/13 12:31 p.m.

Give me 24 hrs. Getting you the money is no problem. Getting a car that is on the other side of the continent and in a different country is the challenge.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/17/13 12:38 p.m.

I'm glad it appears to be going to someone on the board. I thoought I got a good deal on my 900 turbo last year, but if I were still in the market it would have gone to me already.

Javelin
9/17/13 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Jeff:

Shoot me an email / PM with the details. I drove it to work and it's sitting outside with a For Sale sign on it.

Javelin
9/17/13 4:46 p.m.

Fresh pics:

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
9/17/13 5:59 p.m.

I have always wanted one of these and your timing is unbelievably good. If it were black I would already have my name on the title, but I just can't do red.

GLWS, if you still have it when I return from Texas on the 27th (which I hope for both of our sakes you don't) I will drop you a line.

Javelin
9/17/13 6:08 p.m.

I'll paint it black for a small fee!

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
9/17/13 8:58 p.m.

I'm happy/sad that your over there and I'm over here. Otherwise, I'd be almost assuredly out a grand for no rational reason.

Javelin
9/18/13 12:11 p.m.

Jeff dropped out.

I need this thing sold! Surely somebody else would like to flip it to a non-GRMer at another profit?

Javelin
9/18/13 4:49 p.m.
mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
9/19/13 6:42 a.m.

If you were closer I'd buy it just to rallycross it a few times and then pass it on. Older SAAB's are really really weird down here in Texas.
Somebody should buy this for a simple challenge car if nothing else. Shocks, a little more boost and tires and you're 90% of the way there.

Javelin
9/19/13 11:32 a.m.

First tire kicker came by last night. Next one tonight unless they can make it for lunch.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
9/19/13 5:23 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Must sell! Can deliver!

I'm sure it's an absurdity, but what would it cost to get it to maryland? I've always wanted one of those, especially red, and they go for silly high money around here.

Javelin
9/19/13 6:01 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote:
Javelin wrote: Must sell! Can deliver!
I'm sure it's an absurdity, but what would it cost to get it to maryland? I've always wanted one of those, especially red, and they go for silly high money around here.

Let's see, ~2900 miles, about $580 worth of gas, have to take a week off of work, plane ticket back is $279, figure at least 3 things will break on the car, hotels, meals, and the inevitable run-in with Johnny Law...

About $2,000!

When I'm old and retired I plan on doing trips like this for GRMers for just expenses since I like solo road trips and SWMBO will want me out of the house. So fast-forward xx years, and $839's your uncle!

Javelin
9/20/13 12:43 a.m.

SOLD!!!!

Details at 11

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/20/13 7:32 a.m.
Javelin wrote: SOLD!!!! Details at 11

Congrats. Is that 11:00 in civilization (EST) or 11 in some time zone inhabited by people a long long way from here?

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
9/20/13 9:59 a.m.

Glad it sold quick. Sorry I could not make it work.

Javelin
9/20/13 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

11 as in when I berking feel like it!

Javelin
9/20/13 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Jeff:

No worries man!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners