1 2 3
Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/15/13 11:17 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
petegossett wrote: Is a Europa close enough?
Sadly no, but interesting, very interesting. I'm easily tempted by things

You sure you're not interested in a diesel miata?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
10/17/13 1:38 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
petegossett wrote: Is a Europa close enough?
Sadly no, but interesting, very interesting. I'm easily tempted by things
You sure you're not interested in a diesel miata?

Well that one's interesting too but I'm really in a no-projects kind of place.

Small projects (cosmetics, light repair, scooters) are ok but I'm not looking to do any builds these days or anything really radical. Just kind of burnt out on it. Tinkering is ok, but no full scale projects (but let's see who tempts me enough to change my mind)

I'm probably going to break this package up to get this stuff out of here. Space is at a premium and motivation is missing so get in line if you were looking for any of the parts of this project cheap.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
10/17/13 1:46 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Yup, no projects for you!

COUGH

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/sometimes-you-just-cant-say-no/72452/page1/

hehehe

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
10/17/13 1:49 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: In reply to JThw8: Yup, no projects for you! COUGH http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/sometimes-you-just-cant-say-no/72452/page1/ hehehe

Not my car, not my problem. It falls under the tinker category, I can mess with it while I wait for the new owners to come pick it up, but I have no obligations or timelines for it. If they say, "yep we think it needs a full brake system rebuild" I can say "Have a good time with that" :)

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty Reader
10/17/13 2:25 p.m.

Prior to it returning to you I talked briefly with SVreX about some of the parts. It would probably make more sense to ditch my current Yugo and just buy everything you have, but for emotional and short term financial reasons I'm certainly interested in anything suspension wise you might be looking to split off for my project.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
10/17/13 6:57 p.m.
HeavyDuty wrote: Prior to it returning to you I talked briefly with SVreX about some of the parts. It would probably make more sense to ditch my current Yugo and just buy everything you have, but for emotional and short term financial reasons I'm certainly interested in anything suspension wise you might be looking to split off for my project.

I'd like to sell the car first before I start offloading the parts. The big suspension prize is the set of Koni reds. Whoever buys the car will need to bring a set of rear struts since the Koni's are all I have or buy them with the car. The Konis will sell for $400 alone

Other prices off the top of my head, again, I'd prefer the car sells first

Engines, short blocks random 1300-1500 - $100-$300 depending

The engine I've been building is a 1500 with 9.5:1 compression $350 for the short block.

Big valve head with valves, should have seats ground or replaced $250

Camshafts Faza Daytona 40/80 $300 PBS SX1 (I have 2) $150

Good Yugo 5 speed - $300

stock heads, cam boxes, 205/50/13 tires good for lemons and some old used slicks for autocross etc etc etc I dont have full lists but I'll make them eventually. I'll probably be ebaying all the parts and let market decide if my prices are right once the car sells. Deals for GRMers of course.

Car as is, with stock 1300 efi motor and everything to put it back (intake and wiring are off) on stock suspension, with wide steel wheels is $1000

Microsquirt system with Innovate wideband O2 - $1200

Obviously package deals (especially ones that include the car) will be a better deal.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
1/2/14 6:01 p.m.

New year, preparing for new season of crapcan racing bump.

Someone's gotta be interested ;) Still lot's of interest in parts but the car's gotta go first so someone make an offer on the car and/or build a package of car + parts you want and make the other folks who just want the parts very happy. Or buy it all and sell the parts yourself, you could recoup a whole heck of a lot that way.

Still interested in trades, mostly for either a vintage Vespa or VW Trike.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
1/3/14 9:14 a.m.

Wow, I thought this sold!

That car looks like pure FUN. GLWS!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/8/14 6:14 p.m.

Ok, just got depressingly bad news from the tax accountant. Take advantage of my misfortune and make me an embarrassingly low offer on this car.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
4/8/14 7:38 p.m.

If the truck was done (check the build thread, it is not) I would be taking it home. If I value my testicles (and I do, I really do), I will keep to one project at a time.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
4/8/14 7:52 p.m.

I would love to have the whole thing, the distance and to much other crap keeps me from it.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
4/8/14 8:58 p.m.

So, I assume the status of the car is the same as when listed? I have a project very close to going under the knife, so getting this is not the smartest move.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/9/14 6:17 a.m.
Thinkkker wrote: So, I assume the status of the car is the same as when listed? I have a project very close to going under the knife, so getting this is not the smartest move.

Yes no major differences from the first posting other than I will consider breaking the package up but the car must sell first. There are more than enough spares and other goodies to get this car down to a zero start with some proper selling.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
4/9/14 10:34 a.m.

Do you have any photos to jog our memories? (I really shouldn't look, however, as I am already plotting how to get out there to snag it) The original link is dead.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
4/9/14 12:22 p.m.
JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/9/14 1:08 p.m.

Sorry, I forgot the links to photos would all be broken. Here's a few I have at work, I'll see what else I can dig up if more are needed.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/24/14 7:18 p.m.

Still available, buy with this lovely RV which would be great to cut the back half off and make a Yugo hauler/camper and I'll make you a great package deal!

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/1988-fleetwood-southwind-33-rv-nj/83296/page1/

I know everyone, myself included, has a love for this car, but it has to go and if that means selling off the parts stash and sending the car to the scrapper I'd hate to do it but I also hate to see it sit and it may be time to realize people like the idea of this car but like a certain lotus that gets passed around no one really wants to own it :) If you want car only, make an offer on it. But the whole package is worth so much more than asking price it seems crazy.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/24/14 7:27 p.m.

And if I haven't mentioned it here previously I'd trade for a Vespa. Dunno why, but I wouldn't mind having one.

Any other trades need to be running and driving to be considered :)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/22/14 6:25 a.m.

Bumping it up as I need to make some space in the garage asap and need some $$ to fill that space again

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
5/22/14 6:15 p.m.

How about a trade for a chihuahua?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/23/14 7:23 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: How about a trade for a chihuahua?

The only thing I have more of than cars....I think I will need to pass :)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/23/14 1:03 p.m.

I think you may have just identified my claim to fame...

I am the only person who has owned both this car AND that certain Lotus!

I'd love to buy it back. I'd still rather see it with you.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/23/14 1:06 p.m.

I may have missed it, but I think you forgot to mention this car has a CLEAN TITLE!

Yep, it CAN be made street legal.

tdrrally
tdrrally New Reader
5/23/14 2:22 p.m.

i'm still trying to figure out how get up your way

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/23/14 7:51 p.m.

Good point, as Paul mentioned he was able to get it titled. I'm torn, I just about got myself psyched up to start building this again and then....

Well, I need garage space and time for another new/old project....I'd kinda love to have them both, my own little eastern bloc mutant museum. I just need a Tatra with an LSX swap to round things out. :)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pVqda52yPrvIsPGPskIgTJySizosc3EUxuGV3CIEYwHOwYl8OExGHWWCUKsOdFQe