Camaro67racer
Camaro67racer New Reader
8/30/17 2:20 p.m.

(Sold!) Greetings...We bought this Miata to make it a RallyCross car, but my wife and I currently both daily drive Miatas. If we are going to insure another car, it makes sense that its something we can carry more people and things in (tires, lots of tires, and other car parts). So, we are going a different direction. I really want to see this car go racing. It has needs, but all those would be addressed if someone made her a racecar. $1,450. See the link for full description and pics: https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-mazda-mx-5-miata-99k/6279733227.html

pkingham
pkingham GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/30/17 3:07 p.m.

My 11 year old son is completely convinced he wants an NA Miata (manual, of course) for his first car. He wants me to get him a fixer-upper so he can work on it (and youtube it) and have it ready for when he can drive. I just committed to a big project so I hesitate to jump on this, though I'm sure I won't find such an appropriately priced, nearby (I'm in Dexter) and needy car when I'm really ready. Maybe I'll see if he can talk me into it.

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder Reader
8/30/17 4:08 p.m.

I have some NA springs you can have for shipping cost, may still have some assembled on shocks, have one rear Bilstein with about 25K miles on it. I'd need some money for the Bilstein, but the springs are yours for the shipping. whoever buys the car

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/30/17 8:36 p.m.

Trade for Going a different direction Plus a couple bucks on your end?

Camaro67racer
Camaro67racer New Reader
8/31/17 7:19 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Those are one of my favorite BMW wheels, but we have already acquired our next project, thanks.

Camaro67racer
Camaro67racer New Reader
8/31/17 7:21 a.m.

In reply to pkingham:

You are welcome to come and check it out. Bring him along and we'll jump-start his sales career

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/31/17 9:52 a.m.

If I were still into working a lot on cars, I would get that. Turn it into a challenge car AND my roadster idea at the same time.

Oh, well.

pkingham
8/31/17 4:37 p.m.

The kid is bending my ear continuously now. I think we need to come see it. PM doesn't work for me as I have a yahoo email. Please let me know your availability from now through Sunday at my username followed by the number 9 at yahoo.com

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
8/31/17 7:36 p.m.

In reply to pkingham:

If you buy it I'm pretty sure I have a pair of brand new Tokico front shocks for it in the garage. Yours if you want them. I'll have to look and see if I have stock springs, too. And, I'm in Dexter, shipping will be really cheap.

Camaro67racer
Camaro67racer New Reader
8/31/17 9:12 p.m.
pkingham wrote: The kid is bending my ear continuously now. I think we need to come see it. PM doesn't work for me as I have a yahoo email. Please let me know your availability from now through Sunday at my username followed by the number 9 at yahoo.com

Email sent.

Camaro67racer
Camaro67racer New Reader
9/2/17 10:56 a.m.

Car is sold, thanks. It's going to a great home to be a family project. I'm so thrilled that the kids are really excited to work on it. Another generation of gearheads!

pkingham
9/2/17 11:46 a.m.

Yup, it's now in my driveway! My 13 year old daughter has also joined in on the project. That means we have only 2.5 years before she'll be driving it.

DeadSkunk, we would love to take you up in the offer of shocks. We would take springs, too, if you have them. If not, I'll hit up TiggerWelder for his springs. Thanks guys!

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
9/3/17 10:45 a.m.

In reply to pkingham:

I checked this morning and I have the shocks, but the springs are long gone.

bkingham
bkingham
9/5/17 7:41 p.m.

Hi! I'm the daughter, my brother is mkingham. I'm ecstatic about working on this car, driving it to school, and autocrossing it! My brother and I will be making a build thread as we make it a great car. So far, we've washed it, discovered that both of the left side springs are broken, and mounted the winter tires.

We'll get started on the build thread soon.

pkingham
9/5/17 8:11 p.m.

DeadSkunk, are you around this weekend?  We are pretty open and could swing by to pick them up. I tried PMing you but got a returned mail. If you email me at my username followed by the number 9 at yahoo.com we can coordinate things. 

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
9/5/17 8:44 p.m.

In reply to pkingham :

I'm around all the time. I'll email address and phone number.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6M173FYCEtljiBBTVcDttJ6jsNL4fVcAqAUU52YmehP3CTZhIip2wcMcO9wQI1ih