murdock New Reader
Dec. 31, 2016 8:53 a.m.

Selling my $2008 Challenge Miata located in Orlando florida. Here is the Craigslist posting. http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5936327388.html

This was entered in the $2008 competition and has been used for autocross over the past couple years. It runs well and drives well and I have been using it as daily driver for the past 6 months. I am moving and need it sold and would love to see it used in a $2017 challenge.

I have done partial preparation for the Spec Miata setup including Bilstien shocks and Eibach sway bars. This would be a great car to finish preparing for spec miata racing with a cage or using building a time attack race car with the extra turbo parts that I am including in this price. The hardtop alone is worth almost half the price of the car so the full package is a great deal. Car is in fair condition and is far from perfect cosmetically, but is solid mechanically.

Modifications: OEM Glass hardtop Bilstien HD Shocks Eibach Anti-Roll Bar Spare set of Kuhmo Tires on Stock Daisies Rear Hawk Brake Pads OEM JDM Miata Momo steering wheel NGK Spark Plugs G-Power Ebay Coilovers Bilstein Shocks New battery New alternator belt Open diff

Removed Parts: No A/C No power steering No convertible soft top No interior radio, speakers or carpet No roll down windows (windows are removable by hand) No air bags or sensors

Projects to complete: Car is completely waterproof and does not leak Plexiglass triangle windows are cracking DIY Rustoleom Paint needs repainting Dash and hood plastic is cracked

Turbo parts included (not installed) OEM Eclipse T25 Turbo Ebay miata turbo header Ebay miata turbo downpipe Oil Lines and AN fittings Wastegate actuator Intercooler parts and Megasquiret ECU are still needed to complete the system install

Stampie Dork
Dec. 31, 2016 8:56 a.m.
Dec. 31, 2016 1:42 p.m.

damn you southern states.

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
Jan. 8, 2017 7:04 a.m.

Damn. So how solid mechanically? Like would you drive it to Ohio? I've been looking for the right ghettocet donor but alas, I not sure I have the room either

NordicSaab HalfDork
Jan. 8, 2017 7:24 a.m.

wow, solid deal.

The hard top alone would trade in Florida at $900.

murdock New Reader
Jan. 13, 2017 7:50 p.m.

In reply to russ_mill:

With a fresh set of tires it would easily be up for a road trip to Ohio. I drive it everywhere around town without worry. This engine is practically stock with really low miles.

Still available.

murdock New Reader
Jan. 17, 2017 8:20 a.m.

Sold!

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

1 day ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

1 day ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

2 days ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

3 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

4 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

4 days ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

4 days ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

4 days ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

6 days ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

AMX-Cessive

1 week ago in Articles

If you’re going to host the search for the ultimate street car, perhaps you should drive one yourself.

Chris Albin’s Flying VW Golf: What Really Happened?

1 week ago in News

What really happened to send Chris Albin's VW Golf flying?

Drive Cars From the Lane Motor Museum Collection

1 week ago in News

Love older, maybe slightly weirder cars? This event is for you.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
7oUyuyBE5cwa7vmRQu9qhZqC8NLAgXzG